First time Thighs using Vortex

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Good friend and fellow member Bob Correll turned my head towards the Vortex.
Sure, many had it and used it long before Bob purchased his....
but after Bob telling me how much he liked it, that's all it took.

If Bob likes it, chances are 100% that I'll like it as well.

So, here are the thighs I grilled last Sunday after attending a Major League Baseball game.
Used some leftover charcoal topped with fresh Kingsford original.

yGTUoA6.jpg

here's a short clip including the sizzle

...and the finished product.

eOjw6wX.jpg

These were seasoned with Owens BBQ Buffalo Wings seasoning
(free when I purchased the Vortex thru Owens BBQ)
It's pretty tasty stuff.

oQ6dlHX.jpg

Any way, those are the thighs I grilled using the Vortex.
And yes, I like it a lot! I did make wings a week earlier using the "V" and
they honestly were the best tasting wings I can remember grilling!

Thank you again to Bob Correll. He has never steered me wrong. :o

No doubt, that was a tasty meal for the family; those look perfect! I enjoy using that rub, too.

Definitely a nice sizzle in your vid Jim. Those thighs look perfect. Assuming you're referring to the Brewers, you got to see a pretty good game. They gave the Phillies a pretty good beat down. And then that chicken dinner. Doesn't get any better.

No doubt, that was a tasty meal for the family; those look perfect! I enjoy using that rub, too.
Thank you so much!

Jim, glad you like the vortex. Those thighs you did look awesome.
...and Thank you Barb!

Glad you like it Jim, that's the only way we do chicken now is with the vortex. You might want to try this method with wings, super good we are going to use this method the next time we do thighs.

https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?77616-Grill-Fried-Chicken-Wings-and-Another-Loco-Moco
Thanks Rich, I'm gonna try the Cooks Country way! Yours looked Fantastic!

Definitely a nice sizzle in your vid Jim. Those thighs look perfect. Assuming you're referring to the Brewers, you got to see a pretty good game. They gave the Phillies a pretty good beat down. And then that chicken dinner. Doesn't get any better.
Thanks Cliff! Yes, The Crew is the only team in town and around ;)
and Sunday's game was fun to watch as a BrewCrew fan... Woody pitched great and Yeli homered again... our next game is next Sunday, the 9th of June (Liz's birthday) ...have an in-stadium gameday surprise for her. (shhhhh, don't tell)

in case you wanna see the highlights....

Ya'll are killing me with these great posts! What's the other half of the "vortex" equation? Is that the Weber Gourmet Grilling Rack?

Thanks,

JimT

Too much credit given to me Jimmy on getting the Vortex, members here deserve the real credit.
Outstanding thigh cook my friend!

Back