First time smoking Ribs BRITU style and a mishap....

JonathonROKC

So, I did smoke my first set of BRITU ribs yesterday afternoon. Only the third time I've fired up my 18.5 WSM, and they came out pretty good! Maybe a bit drier than I was hoping for, but I did try and do them without water in the water pan. And I had to have my wife take them off towards the end.... It was my turn with the baby and i was watching my bluetooth thermometer while feeding him and watching the temp spike to 320ish. I sent her a text and asked what was going on, she said it was getting hot so i keep taking the lid off to bring the temp down :LOL::LOL::LOL:.

So, I did smoke my first set of BRITU ribs yesterday afternoon. Only the third time I've fired up my 18.5 WSM, and they came out pretty good! Maybe a bit drier than I was hoping for, but I did try and do them without water in the water pan. And I had to have my wife take them off towards the end.... It was my turn with the baby and i was watching my bluetooth thermometer while feeding him and watching the temp spike to 320ish. I sent her a text and asked what was going on, she said it was getting hot so i keep taking the lid off to bring the temp down :LOL::LOL::LOL:.
She wants to help. She's a keeper.

Back