First time smoker

JimmyGNY

Hi all. Been wanting to try a smoker for some time. I’m from ny and am probably better than average at grilling. Never attempted anything low and slow before. With summer being closed Due to the covid, I bit the bullet and ordered a 14” WSM. Grabbed some chicken halves and a small section of cheap ribs and I am ready to experiment tomorrow. wish me luck

Richard in NS

TVWBB Super Fan
Welcome Jimmy. I am new to smoking myself so will try to learn along with you from the knowledgeable people here. Ask lots of questions on the WSM section and Good Luck. 😀

BrianCal

TVWBB Pro
Welcome fellow NYer !!

You will love this forum, great place to see and find new ideas/recipes, and my experience is that if you have any questions, fire away, and you will get great help, really fast.

Michael Richards

TVWBB Super Fan
Hi all. Been wanting to try a smoker for some time. I’m from ny and am probably better than average at grilling. Never attempted anything low and slow before. With summer being closed Due to the covid, I bit the bullet and ordered a 14” WSM. Grabbed some chicken halves and a small section of cheap ribs and I am ready to experiment tomorrow. wish me luck
How were the first cooks?