First time smoker

JimmyGNY

Hi all. Been wanting to try a smoker for some time. I’m from ny and am probably better than average at grilling. Never attempted anything low and slow before. With summer being closed Due to the covid, I bit the bullet and ordered a 14” WSM. Grabbed some chicken halves and a small section of cheap ribs and I am ready to experiment tomorrow. wish me luck

Welcome Jimmy. I am new to smoking myself so will try to learn along with you from the knowledgeable people here. Ask lots of questions on the WSM section and Good Luck. 😀

Welcome fellow NYer !!

You will love this forum, great place to see and find new ideas/recipes, and my experience is that if you have any questions, fire away, and you will get great help, really fast.

Hi all. Been wanting to try a smoker for some time. I’m from ny and am probably better than average at grilling. Never attempted anything low and slow before. With summer being closed Due to the covid, I bit the bullet and ordered a 14” WSM. Grabbed some chicken halves and a small section of cheap ribs and I am ready to experiment tomorrow. wish me luck
How were the first cooks?

Back