First Time Pizza

Chuck Simon

TVWBB Pro
Hello all! My mom bought me the pizza stone for the BBQ system for my birthday. I don't know why, but I have never grilled a pizza before. I bought some Betty Crocker pizza dough mix to make the crust. Our family loves sausage pizza with my son being a cheese only fan. I made one full sausage and the other half sausage.

Here is the pizza stone warming up on the grill

Pizza being grilled action shot

I had a hard time keeping the temperature up as I was using a lot of leftover charcoal from my last cook. The pizza took a little longer to cook. Here is a finished shot with my son.

He was a little excited for the pizza. All in all it was a good experience and I know what I need to do differently for next time. The kids loved the pizza though. My almost 5 year old had 2 and a half slices when usually she doesn't eat one. Thanks for looking!

Great job! I am going to need to get me a Pizza Stone for the OTG very soon...

Thanks for sharing!

CM

Great looking pie Chuck and you made the young man happy can't beat that. May I suggest that you throw some hardwood in with your charcoal next time? Your fire will be a lot hotter with wood.

Thanks everyone! I have heard people talk about how great pizza is on the grill. I have to agree with them. I think my kids agree on it too. Thanks for the tip on the hardwood, James. I will for sure buy a bag of that. I used to use lump quite a bit, but have been a briquette man for a while. Thank you for the link ODexter! I will definitely be checking that out. I know I made some mistakes, but I was happy for it being my first time. I need to get one of those big pizza spatulas. Having one of those will be very helpful. For those of you who have not tried it yet, I highly recommend giving it a try. Thanks again guys!

The hardwood will get that fire hot. Bottom line is you cooked a great looking pie and it tasted great...so, NO mistake there.

Back