First Ribs. . .

Matt H.

TVWBB Super Fan
Followed Chris's instructions to the t: http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/rib4.html

Turned out amazing. Lots of unsolicted praise! My apologies for the mediocre picture:

87AC36C2-3FBD-4FD6-B723-97CDCB5B1A88-2982-000001F993DEC8BD_zps49d44330.jpg

Thanks guys. I didn't get as much of a smoke ring as I wanted. used two golfball sized chunks of cherry, 1 of apple, and 1 of hickory. Is that too little? or is it the type of wood? It's not a big deal since it tasted great. . .

Four goll ball sized pieces of wood aren't a lot. I find that the type of wood doesn't matter on the smoke ring. Putting the ribs on cold and letting the smoker come to temp slowly does, IMO, give a better ring.

Four goll ball sized pieces of wood aren't a lot. I find that the type of wood doesn't matter on the smoke ring. Putting the ribs on cold and letting the smoker come to temp slowly does, IMO, give a better ring.

thanks for the info. i was worried about over smoking. what's a resonable amount of wood? I did some chicken without any chunks and it was still pretty smokey though for that i used some leftover lump charcoal and for this one used kingsford.

Nice bark and pullback, so they look really good from here. Try prepping and putting back in the fridge for an hour or two before you cook if you want more of a smoke ring.

Nice bark and pullback, so they look really good from here. Try prepping and putting back in the fridge for an hour or two before you cook if you want more of a smoke ring.

thanks. they went in pretty cold. I think mostly i need to add more wood. I was worried about oversmoking since the chicken I did before tasted pretty smokey even without the wood. I guess ribs don't absorb as much.

Those look awesome! I only my hope my first ribs look that good. Thanks for linking the recipe.

Thanks. It was a very easy recipe. And very tasty. I didn't foil, only checked em 3 times for doneness and to spray with some apple juice, and they still came out excellent.

Back