First restoration, i'm a sucker for punishment so I'll do two at once. Gen 1000 & 2000

Update! Painful last few days. Accidently screwed into the finished side of a bunch of my slats and I installed channel brackets backwards.... oof. Had to take apart the 1000 shelf, resand, re stain.... what a pain. Lesson learned! No late night bbq rehab after a couple glasses of wine. Then I f'ed up even more! Was installing the control board and went to tap one of the plastic pushpins with a hammer.... I chipped it... badly. :cry: So I guess I will keep the chipped control board for myself and give the pristine one to the this 1000 that I am going to try to sell.

I do still have to paint the kettle red and tidy the grates a bit more too.

I think my 1000 is finished. Still have to do all the wood for the 2000. I dont know which hood to list it with. Black or green? Mainly cause I cant decide which one I am keeping for myself for the 2000. They both look great!

CpIG823.jpg

u8abtUS.jpg

xqOvauY.jpg

hHYtCFQ.jpg

Emikvds.jpg

rRvp34s.jpg

Yah, that would be a shame if it was going to be sold. But if that is a personal grill, time is a wastin'. Go get that 1.5 lb Ribeye and lets see what she can do.

Yah, that would be a shame if it was going to be sold. But if that is a personal grill, time is a wastin'. Go get that 1.5 lb Ribeye and lets see what she can do.
No idea what to list it for. Im happy to hold onto it until next spring/summer too for a better season. Part of me doesnt want to sell it due to all the effort I put into it! But I cant have both lol.

Gotta let them go and make a life for themselves. hahaha. Yah, if you have the room to store it, you will likely have a better experience trying to sell it next April or May.

That’s an impressive cleaning job you did. Did you use a wire brush wheel or was it sandblasted?

What is that spacer thing at the end between each set of flavorizer bars?

Those notches between flavorizer bar are part of the cook box. They simply hold the bars evenly in place.

2020-01-07 Sand Blasted Genesis 1000 Cook boxes.jpg

Beautiful brunette! I love black hood grills, especially with wood slats. I guess I would keep the black - as of others have said, since it is an extra nice one, but I do really like that dark green as well. Very nice job on both. Whichever one you sell, be patient and get a good price. There are people out there who will appreciate what you have done. It may take a little while to find one of them, so don't let the low-ball offers get you down.

Brennon, we get these questions all the time. One of the biggest factors is your local market which we have no real experience with. But you did a great job on that one.
If I was selling that grill, I would probably list it in the $300 range. If you had a nice set of solid SS rod grates, maybe a bit more. But that is a great restore and that would is beautiful. So, I would start at $300 or a little more and see what happens. you can always drop the price. Your problem right now is the time of year. There is not a lot of demand this time of year for grills due to the weather up North.

I see you are from Canada, so I guess you would need to adjust the currency conversion rate from US to Canada $$$.

And big green is 99% done!!!! Undecided if I want to dye the knobs now. I kinda like the contrast of the grey. Theyre a bit dirty and stained but I can't make my mind up.

So quick wins the last couple weeks. I found a super cheap platinum. Most of the frame/ wheels/hardware/cookbox and the durawood slats are warped + z channels are all corroded so its too far gone and I have no intention of starting another restoration for a long time if ever. BUT! I got some cool parts off it which ill post about below. I also got a set of super thick rod cooking grates. They are filthy but I think they will be ok and now ive got a backup set of grates to go along with the porcelain enameled ones.

#1: I got the darn manifold bracket!

S0AhzJP.jpg

#2: I got an elusive right side swing up table bracket and slider set with no rust!

tvjwrfs.jpg

Inside:

iXiCEyV.jpg

And now, here she is!

qwf8u0z.jpg

#somuchtable

njLQzOZ.jpg

When I got her:

vAJGDuD.jpg

Looking good, real good, but I would consider the thick SS grates as my go to grates if they are solid rod SS, and the stamped steel ones as the backups. If you clean up the SS ones, you will likely find they are like new.

Back