First post on the new site, special occasion in more than one way.

Stuart S

TVWBB Pro
So the backstory on this post is that 14 years ago I nearly died while backpacking in Algonquin Provincial Park. Two of my buddies hiked out to get help and the other one stayed with me until help arrived, in the form of the Canadian Coast Guard Search and Rescue Team. We don't see each other all at the same time that often since one lives in Toronto and another just outside of Philly.

Everyone was in Ottawa this week, and a few of them have eaten at my BBQ joint before, so everyone shouted my name when the question of where we would get together came up. All I can say is that I'd cook for these guys anytime, any place, every day of the week if I had the chance, so I was happy to oblige.

I picked up a nice big pork loin and some other goodies and set about to cooking on the Performer. Did a nice dusting of mustard and rub on the loin, then onto the cooker at 225 with some apple wood. Later in the cook I threw on some onions and a couple of Anaheim peppers to make a salsa to go with the pork.

8f58dc32.jpg

Once the peppers were done I added tomatoe, fresh red onion, gahhhlic, cilantro, lemon juice and salt and pepper then buzzed it in the magic bullet. Nice flavour, not crazy heat. Super big hit with he crowd.

01d55881.jpg

I didn't get any plated pics, but we had a chopped salad, Greek pasta salad, bread and fresh veggies to go with it. All in all there were 8 adults and 6 kids together and it truly was a great time.

I'll leave you with a shot of the four of us together and thank you for reading.

e46ff5b8.jpg

Stuart! Good to see you vertical and taking nourishment. Welcome back and thanks for bringing the great food.

Back