First Pork Tenderloin along with chicken and sausage

Kevin Glenn

TVWBB Member
Tonight was my first attempt at cooking a pork tenderloin. Prep work on pork loin - homemade injection, mustard, Lawry's base rub, and Killer Hogs BBQ rub. Prep work on chicken legs - spray butter oil, Lawry's base rub, and applewood rub. Smoked at 250 with half full water pan over KBB with mix of pecan, cherry, and apple chunks. When tenderloin got to 135 started glazing with Killer Hogs BBQ sauce and spray apple juice. Pulled loin at 145 and allow to rest. Family thought the texture was a little underdone so put back on the smoker and took it to 155. Much better texture and bite. Pulled water pan out and allow pit to go to 325 to finish chicken which was also glazed with Killer Hogs.

Let the fun begin -

Ready to start glazing the pork loin -

Bringing the chicken to temp without the water pan -

Chicken glazed and ready to eat -

Will definitely cook this again -

Love the moisture and tenderness of this pork loin -

First loin? Coulda fooled me. From the looks of it, you've been cooking 'em for decades. Chicken looks great too.

Might be your first loin but from the looks of it not your first rodeo for sure. Very nice looking loin and drums!

Outstanding job Kevin, looks like you've been doing them a long time! I'll take a plate.

Back