First Grill Restoration

What is that handle on the black-top? I haven't seen that before!
That is the Weber Grill out Handle light #9057. They were made a couple decades ago. It is simply a grill light built into the handle and runs on 4 C cell batterie and has two bulbs. They are very nice lights, especially if converted over to LED bulbs.

Rustoleum High Heat Ultra on the end caps and frame where the frame is adjacent to the cook box. I us Rustoleum 2X gloss black on the rest of the frame. I use Rustoleum High heat (matte) on the outside of the cook box.

I have a Weber Silver A and on the underside of the grill box, there are supposed to be 4 screw mounts to screw in the Bottom Tray Rail Set. 2 of the 4 mounts have cracked and broken so I cannot screw on the Rail Set. So, I am thinking drilling holes through the grill box so I can bolt the Rail Set. My question is, is it okay to drill holes through the bottom of the grill box?

I have a Weber Silver A and on the underside of the grill box, there are supposed to be 4 screw mounts to screw in the Bottom Tray Rail Set. 2 of the 4 mounts have cracked and broken so I cannot screw on the Rail Set. So, I am thinking drilling holes through the grill box so I can bolt the Rail Set. My question is, is it okay to drill holes through the bottom of the grill box?
Sure. I have done it. You will likely want to make some "standoffs" for the rails. Some steel or copper tubing will work fine for that

I am on board with Larry's solution. Several have posted that solution with good results in the past.
Good luck and let us know how it goes Brian.

Back