First grill for 2019

Thanks for the kind comments folks.

Bruce, so those frames do support the 1000 firebox/manifold/control plate combo because I believe that's the same frame that Jeff MA has his on his Genesis Platinum II series grill so no frame mod needed. I suspect now that the firebox/manifold that originally came with this grill should fit the 3000 frame and that's what I will give to my brother (5 bar). Keep in mind that this 5 bar box is not the same size as the Silver B/C box as the bar size is 23 5/16" in. long. Here are the bars for that box...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Weber-Stai...tyMailLargeFlatRateBox!98058!US!-1:rk:44:pf:0

Sam,

That's pretty interesting. I didn't realize there was an earlier version of the 5 bar grill (I assume it is earlier). I was wondering the same thing as Bruce. I am glad it worked out so well, because that IS a really sweet looking grill!:eek:

Ya Jon, I think this particular box was made only for the Gold and Platinum Genesis grills (someone correct me if I'm wrong)...I'm guessing early 2000s and had a very short run. This box does look like the deep firebox just like the 1000 but in a 5 bar configuration. I did a measurement of both boxes and it the 1000 firebox is about an inch deeper than the 5 bar one.

Back