First gas cook of the season

Timothy F. Lewis

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Sunny, warm and dry so, I pulled the cover off the Genny and opened the valves... one push of the ignition and whuff started right up! A little grate prep and I was off to the races!
4944C76B-B7AB-4A37-B0DE-B5A6797B26FB.jpeg
I think it’s going to be a good grilling season! A little mashed potato cake and sautéed sprouts with some “Youz Guys” Michigan Brats.

Tim,
My favorite is the fifth brat that didn't quick make it to service. Those are the best pieces of meat, the "chef's piece" as we call it in my house. Glad to hear the gasser started right up. Good liking meal!

Mike, yes indeed, the chefs piece is the little nubbin that Chris puts in most of his brat packages, not always but when it’s there it’s a treat to be sure!
Just went to Costco, I may have found the right solar light for grill work, will need to run a couple of days tests to make sure but, if it works as well as I hope I’ll share the piece!

What’s this “season” you mention? Guess My gas bbq season started 38 years ago when I bought my first propane bbq!🤣🤣🤣

Season around here simply means there is a little less snow. I wait until “ice out” to uncover most of my equipment. This year, I was planning on a refinish of the “Overperformer” table so I didn’t cover that this year, just scraped the flaking tung oil off, new makita sander is supposed to arrive tomorrow (along with cooler temperatures, drat!) so, real cleanup of that can start pretty soon.
Cleaned up the inside of the gasser this morning, I think I must have forgotten to do that last fall, there was a lot of schmutz in the bottom, I’m hanging my head in shame!
Yeah, mashed potato cakes, toasty, buttery, creamy and yet crispy, what’s not to like! I have to be careful with carbs anymore so, I don’t let myself have them very often.
Time to do the lobster ravioli for tonight’s dinner.

Back