First cook - Personal sized deep dish pizza

Sauce is getting thicker getting close to killing the heat and after a few more wodkas i might star cooking...
Zaaa’s on the kettle

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Yes to On the Beach and Zuma!!!! Great taste, bro.

FWIW, I put my dough in the CI hours before I cook my deep dish. Then a layer of provolone before adding sauce and, like Brad said, several fillings. Usually sausage and/or pepperoni, mushrooms, etc.

Mostly trial by error for me, but I worked in a pizza joint in Illinois and learned some tips back then.

Yours is going to rock, Darryl. Sorry for the pun.

Yes to On the Beach and Zuma!!!! Great taste, bro.

FWIW, I put my dough in the CI hours before I cook my deep dish. Then a layer of provolone before adding sauce and, like Brad said, several fillings. Usually sausage and/or pepperoni, mushrooms, etc.

Mostly trial by error for me, but I worked in a pizza joint in Illinois and learned some tips back then.

Yours is going to rock, Darryl. Sorry for the pun.
Zuma time

<scratches head> I lived outside of Chicago from 1994 until 2006..... and regularly took my life in my own hands with my personal opinion that I don't care for Chicago style pizza. I much prefer New York style, or nearly a cracker thin crust. The most traditional Chicago pies that I know of are sauce, sausage & cheese, maybe fresh mushrooms. Very thick pies, but not a lot of different toppings.

Around 1995, during a corporate re-organization, a bunch of folks came up from Houston. One gent called the Malnati's around the corner and ordered a large pizza for him and one of the women who came up. I think they ate for 3 or 4 days on it. He had no idea what he was sinking his teeth into.

<scratches head> I lived outside of Chicago from 1994 until 2006..... and regularly took my life in my own hands with my personal opinion that I don't care for Chicago style pizza. I much prefer New York style, or nearly a cracker thin crust. The most traditional Chicago pies that I know of are sauce, sausage & cheese, maybe fresh mushrooms. Very thick pies, but not a lot of different toppings.

Around 1995, during a corporate re-organization, a bunch of folks came up from Houston. One gent called the Malnati's around the corner and ordered a large pizza for him and one of the women who came up. I think they ate for 3 or 4 days on it. He had no idea what he was sinking his teeth into.
3 or 4 days.

Personal zaa’s looking good

Attachments

• A442E50A-3C7A-4548-A383-4A0B3457A9B5.jpeg
    A442E50A-3C7A-4548-A383-4A0B3457A9B5.jpeg
    149.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 78F8A396-2C94-4582-80C0-4CB7DE518230.jpeg
    78F8A396-2C94-4582-80C0-4CB7DE518230.jpeg
    153.7 KB · Views: 15
3 or 4 days.
Oh, yeah..... He was used to the New York type pies he'd get in Houston, he had no idea what a Chicago pizza was. He was used to scarfin' down a entire large pizza. He barely finished 2 pieces of a Malnati's large (she finished 1,) the first night.

Darryl, those do look pretty darned good.

Back