First cook on my new Mini-WSM...

Sian

Took advantage of the day off today and spent it smoking…
It was the first run of my new Mini. http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?50733-My-build-the-first-Welsh-Mini-WSM

For wood I used maple and apple, and I'm happy to report that Smokey kept to temp very nicely. I'm *so* impressed with these little creations. Kudos (and big thanks!) to whoever invented the concept of the Mini-WSM...

I opted for two bacon explosion type things. One (the 'unglazed' below) is a bacon weave with a turkey, herb (sage, rosemary & thyme) and cranberry stuffing, while the other one is a more traditional bacon explosion of bacon, pork sausage, BBQ sauce, rub, more bacon, glazed with BBQ sauce etc.

Then I had an unsmoked gammon (I think the terminology is different in the US, so have posted a pic of the raw product) and also a piece of homemade streaky bacon (belly pork that I'd been curing for the last week or so) that needed smoking.

Enough of my waffle, on to the pics.

Before (I only smoked one in the end today)

IMG_4030_zpsfb216b3d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

After. I glazed it with maple syrup throughout the smoking

IMG_4063_zps1c400b5a.jpg

The Explosions

IMG_4056_zps953ce1cf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The Streaky Bacon

IMG_4054_zps3fa4ae26.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And a group shot to finish!

IMG_4064_zps2377c613.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

All in all, I'm pretty pleased with the results. I think I'm going to be using my Mini an awful lot... :cool:

Heh. Thank you.

Only a rookie with my Mini-WSM, Jonathan. Been smoking for a few years now using my 22" OTG… :)

The Mini's are wonderful smokers. They only give up one thing to their brethren - size. Most of my cooks, I am completely satisfied with my Mini or my 14.5 WSM. No criticism of my 18.5 at all, just stating that the little smokers do FINE work!

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

That is a nice selection of fine foods! I have a mini also and it just works amazingly well!

Back