First competition went well - wsm smokers rock !

Marco_Olivo

I recently competed in my 1st BBQ Competition yesterday ! This was in the amateur division of a Kansas City Barbecue Society (KCBS) sanctioned event called RibbaRamma. It was part of a larger event called The Rockin' Western Rendevous in Loveland, Colorado. The Pro Teams are competing today,May 31st, 2015. The pro comp is very intense. The RibbaRamma was really laid back & meant to be more for the backyard bbq enthusiasts, but the judging was done by professional KCBS judges.

I was fortunate enough to place 3rd ! This was only the 3rd time I had ever used my WSM 18. What was also cool was that both the 1st & 2nd place winners used WSM 22's. So this is proof enough to me that the WSM series of smokers are very good units for competition (as well as non-competitive use). And I believe these smokers offer an excellent value for the money.

The competition was a lot of fun, and I'm looking forward to doing a lot more smoking !

Cheers !

Complimenti Marco!
Welcome to the forum!
You will feel better and better the more you use it. It will gunk and seal the more you use and T will be steady as an electric smoker!

Dude! That's awesome that your a member of the tvwbb! I was there too! I was with Task force bbq sauce!

Back