First brisket point

S Riddell

TVWBB Super Fan
Walking around my local bbq store I found a new rub that I wanted to try. It is and Espresso rub from Stonewall Kitchen. I thought that it might go well with beef, and I've been wanting to attempt a brisket. As luck would have it, I found a point while walking around the grocery store later that day! So I guess I knew what I was cooking for dinner on Saturday.

Point rubbed up with the Espresso rub on Friday night for a rest in the fridge.

Sorry, no action shots as I had the family over so I was running around getting everything else ready
Brisket off. Cutting up for some burnt ends, since my research says that is what is to be done with the point. I saved some for my dad as he doesn't like bbq sauce, and I must say that it was tender and moist with a nice flavour. If I knew it would have been that good I wouldn't have done any burnt ends!

Burnt ends...after some sandwiches were already made!

Potato gallette that didn't quite turn out picture perfect, but the taste was awesome. Some old cheddar was added to these as well (its hiding in the middle somewhere)

Sorry, no plated pics either. Everyone was really hungry and devoured everything, so I'll take that as a good sign!
Thanks for stopping by!

Looks good.. I know how that goes. You plan on taking pics for your bbq friends but then you get caught up hosting and cooking...:)

The brisket looks delightful. I've been wanting to make that potato galette for a while. It looks awesome. Nice job , man.

:wsm:

Thanks everyone. I've already been told that I need to remember how I made that! Gotta love the WSM, cause it made it easy:wsm:

Back