First brisket advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

John W.

TVWBB Fan
I found a brisket at Smart and Final. A 10-pounder in Cryovac for 1.59 per. Is it okay in the fridge until I can cook it on Sunday night, or should I freeze it? I figured if I freeze it, it will take 3 days to get solid, and then three more to thaw. Thanks in advance.

Does it have a sell-by date on it? If so and it's Sunday or later you're OK in the fridge. Even if it doesn't have a sell-by date, I still think you're OK in the fridge, assuming it hasn't been laying around at S&F for a few months. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Regards,
Chris

John W,

The dates on the cryovac are SELL BY dates and usually give a couple of days leeway.

However since your are asking, I have 4 briskets sitting in my fridge right now. They are still in their cryovac. Mine are marked MAR12.

Just check the date on the label.

But you bought them last night? I went to Smart & Final and bought four 10 pounders at $1.39 per pound last night.

Thanks for the help. Now I see the sell by date. April 15. I guess I'm not used to the longevity of meat in Cryo-vac. Sacramento price must be 20 cents more...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back