fingers crossed

RBenet

if all goes well i should have this in my possession tomorrow. didn't get it as cheap as i would have liked but thought $75 was reasonable. the current owner says he has the side burner but it was removed because it didn't work. can't see in the picture but it has 3 burners for the grill. my question is what vintage is this thing and is it a silver gold b c or what? just wondering what i am getting myself into. a little excited to find one to start restoring!

Last edited:
I don't know much about these old grills , but I love that look. Whatever you put into it will be worth it. You'll end up with a real good grill. (Because all webers are) and you'll have a cool conversation piece at your cook outs. Nice score ,

I would say that’s a 1000 from the late 90’s. The only thing that is throwing me off a little is you say it has a side burner. I have never seen a 1000 with a side burner. I am almost certain that in that vintage if you wanted a side burner you had to buy a 3000 series. That grill is defiantly not a 3000 because the vertical leg is inside of the burner control panel. On the 3000 the vertical leg is outside of the burner controls, it’s a much wider frame on the 2000 and 3000.

I hope you can score it.

Good luck

I have coal russ. a 22.5 one touch gold and just finished making a mini wsm out of a smokey joe i have had for years. some days for quick cooking i am not opposed to gas and am tired of wearing out lesser grills. so i decided to keep an eye out for a reasonably priced genesis. i figure money invested in this is better than rehabbing any of the other gas grills i have had and to be honest the parts are comparably priced or even cheaper.

the size of the cart is throwing me as well frankie, at least from the pictures i have seen. i'm scratching my head on the burner thing too though... i'll just have to wait and see when i get there what is going on.

I am currently restoring a 02-03 that looks similar. The only difference is the wooden slats and the slide through the frame on yours that shows your propane level.

If you can get the guy to look underneath the frame on the propane bottle side, there might be a sticker with the serial number, model number and part number. I took those numbers and went to this webs site:

http://www.appliancefactoryparts.com/gasgrillparts/brands/weber/

and found parts and the owners manual which told me it was a GOLD C

Wish mine was red

Last edited:
save your money buy a coal burner its the real deal
Yeah, that added a lot to the thread. <rolls eyes>
if you're that hell bent against gas grills, why are you in the Gas Grill section???

I would say that’s a 1000 from the late 90’s. The only thing that is throwing me off a little is you say it has a side burner. I have never seen a 1000 with a side burner. I am almost certain that in that vintage if you wanted a side burner you had to buy a 3000 series. That grill is defiantly not a 3000 because the vertical leg is inside of the burner control panel. On the 3000 the vertical leg is outside of the burner controls, it’s a much wider frame on the 2000 and 3000.

I hope you can score it.

Good luck
Exactly what Frankie said. That's a 1000 and didn't come with a side burner. The seller said it doesn't work ---- on that grill! No good way to hook into the gas as that grill and the side burner are the equivalent of a square-peg-round-hole

I hope you can score it.

Good luck

I agree with Frankie, I have a restored 1993 1000 and the frame and box looks exactly like mine. The only difference is mine has the plastic slates and also has slates across the bottom instead of the wire rack. Never saw a 1000 with a side burner, not to say it never happened.

Mine must be a 3000 then. It has the plastic table and lid handle. It has the wire grate and a side burner

Mine must be a 3000 then. It has the plastic table and lid handle. It has the wire grate and a side burner

Yours sounds more like a Silver C than a 3000, here’s why.

3000’s never had wire mesh on the bottom they were all wood or dura wood.
Sliver C’s have solid plastic tables and plastic handles, the table should have a front flip up.
3000’s have slotted tables.
Both models have side burners and the burner controls inside the left vertical leg.

The Sliver C is a newer generation than the 3000. More or less the year the stopped making 3000’s is the year they started making Silver A B C etc.

Just look under the burner control plate, it should say it right there what the model is unless it’s worn off.

Back