finally found a genesis gasser

RBenet

have been keeping an eye on cl for a while now. have seen a few b models but wanted to find a c. short road trip and $40 later and i have a 2005 silver c in pretty good shape. needs a cap for the side burner, new bars and an igniter. grates are in pretty good shape as are the burners. crossver tube doesn't seem to be working very well.

got it home and did a quick and dirty clean up. grates and bars out. scraped and light pressure wash. scrubbed the outside. put it back together and did a test burn. pegged the gauge to 600 in about 10 minutes. couldn't be happier.

anyone know a good source for the side burner cap?a quick look online and i couldn't find one... bars and igniter are easy to find so won't have a problem there.

so now i have my one touch gold 22.5, mini wsm and finally a silver c

That is a great buy. You wil be able to fix that up in no time. These are solid grills with gobs of work surface. I wish I knew about CL before I bought my Genesis.
Enjoy.

Nice find...PM Chad Bman he seems to know a lot about getting parts and I have seen him give good advice on how to repair grills.

Thanks for the shout-out Tony! I'm not a complete charcoal snob as I still love my gasser(s) and enjoy helping others on their CL restorations. :)

RBenet --- this is one of my favorite models. My go-to gas grill is (my first gasser) which is an '06 Genesis Silver C, so I'm fairly familiar with this model. lol

It appears you have this model - http://help.weber.com/schematics/browse.aspx?all=1&model=6731001
Typically, there isn't much wrong with the igniter other than the wire connections. I've restored early 90's and after cleaning the contacts with sandpaper, she fires right up.
What do you mean you need a new cap for the side burner? What's wrong with the one that's on it? Looks ok in the photos, but that doesn't tell the full tale. Ebay has great prices for (aftermarket) flavorizer bars. I got some Stainless Steel a few years back as the original porcelain coated don't last too long. SS burner tubes, SS bars, and Cast Iron cooking grates make a great combination.

Congrats on the score and post up and questions you may have.

PS - to clean up the left side plastic table... Pop it off and find a tub large enough to submerge it in. I use a rubbermaid storage container. Add the table and fill with enough water to submerge the table and a good healthy squirt of Dawn soap. Hot water would be best, but not a rule. Let it soak overnight! Grab a scrubbie of sorts (SOS pad or scotchbrite pad) and it'll clean up like new.

I added the right side flip table and it's now a Silver C Premium model. :D

5FA66547-3860-4377-8EAC-0C27259C9955-6166-000003A437FEFD5F.jpg

i like that right side table add on a LOT

can't see that this needs much resto. few parts need replacing, maybe the sides of the lid could stand a coat of paint. but my plan is to use it! maybe come spring i'll get into heavier cleanup.

chad, the part i need is this http://www.appliancefactoryparts.com/search/part/493229/135889
this is the only place i have found it and they say on order which to me means out of stock.
the serial number on it got me to this which matches the model number on the sticker. http://help.weber.com/schematics/browse.aspx?model=6731411
can't see that it is any different from the one you posted though chad.
the igniter works on the side burner but the one on the grill doesn't spark at all. will give it a cleanup. the metal around it is half missing but shouldn't matter for it to work.
will definitely be upgrading to stainless as i replace parts. but as i said, for now it works. the bars will be the first thing to be replaced. they are on their last legs. everything else is serviceable and it cleaned up great.

used it last night and tonight for some quick and easy grilling for dinner and this thing is awesome. will never replace the kettle but will certainly have a place in the lineup.

Last edited:
and those pics are as i got it. will post some of it cleaned up when i take them.

what did it take to add that right side table chad? where year did the parts come from?

and thanks for the tip on cleaning the side table

Ahhhhh,,,, THAT burner cover. For some reason, I was thinking you wanted the SS lid as a burner cover. Not it makes sense. :)

Before you order it (if it ain't too late already) call Weber and see what their price is. I've found Weber to be cheaper on some items than ereplacement or any other online source. Weber also has a 7 dollar shipping rate. Meaning, it's 7 bucks no matter what you order. Might as well order some larger and/or heavier pieces. :D

The right side table came off of a 'donor' Genesis Gold I picked up (free) from CL, cleaned, and sold for $250 lol I just installed the basket on the Gold and the table on my Silver. Pretty easy and direct swap. Weber even has a schematic for the Silver C Premium w/ the side table. (#59)

http://help.weber.com/schematics/browse.aspx?Model=6731301&Sequence=59

Back