Finally broke in a new toy

JimK

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Well, I got some firewires from Woot.com several weeks back and finally used 'em tonight. Walking through Harris Teeter, I saw they had "Angus Kabob Meat" all ready to go. Who am I to pass up such an invitation? So, I combined it w/ some red and green bell pepper, cremini 'shrooms, zucchini and yellow squash. Threaded it all on to the firewires and shoved it into a ziplock bag with some Soy Vey island teriyaki.

Of course, I had to start with some libation...

P7230201.jpg

A pre grill soak for about an hour:

P7230206.jpg

Almost done:

P7230209.jpg

Off and resting:

P7230213.jpg

Plated w/ some jasmine rice, along w/ some fresh flat leaf parsley:

P7230223.jpg

Well, the grill is hot, might as well take care of dessert:

P7230227.jpg

Thanks guys!

I'm definitely a fan of the firewires, now that I've used 'em. Makes everything nice and easy. One thing I didn't now about them is they do not conduct heat. So, you can leave the handles hanging outside the grill and just pick 'em up w/ your bare hands to turn or reposition. Just make sure the handle isn't in contact w/ the hot grill.

Love the firewires. I got a set for Christmas. I've yet to produce anything that looks that good thought...Kudos, Jim!!

looks great!

and i'm a big fan of those stemless wineglasses too; hard to knock over and they go easily into the dishwasher!

"bobs" and desert looks good! I just used mine for the first time a few weeks ago. I think I bought them last year. At first I was a little concerned about the blunt tips, but that turned out to not be a problem. I doubled them for making about 50 shrimp on the grill and they worked great, easy to flip, etc. Glad I picked these up!

I actually got them before they were being sold at Sonoma et al. Someone here posted a site that was selling them before they hit retail stores. Significantly less a I recall.

Anyway these are a great tool.

Back