Filet mignons over some old KBB

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
The older I get, the heavier items are getting.
I pulled a bag of Kingsford blue bag from my stash and thought damn, even these 18 lb. bags are heavier than normal. That's when I noticed the weight was 21.6 lbs. from an old twin pack sale buy at Home Depot.
How long has it been since those were sold?
It burned just fine for our two little beef tenderloin steaks.

1583716534706.png

2 shots only, sided with a baker and garlic bread.
It was 70 here today, and the extra daylight the government gave us was nice too!
Edit, these full image/thumbnail image linkings are confusing me.

Attachments

• 1583716560524.png
    1583716560524.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Steaks look great Bob. We don't do daylight savings time here so I don't have a gazillion clocks to change.
I hear you Bob, I struggle with the 18lb bags of KBB too. Also the propane bottles for the gassers are getting heavier now too. Now I have to mess with 20lb bags of pellets.
Went solo to Costco to get a few things, Barb couldn't go. One of the items was a 50lb bag of dog food... damn near killed me loading it into the cart then into the car and carrying it into the garage.
Funny you mentioned the 21lb bags of KBB, I cleaned out my little charcoal shed and found three twin pack of those also. I haven't bought any charcoal in three years, so they are at least that old, but I think they are much older than that. But not nearly as old as me.🙃

Back