Favortie pulled pork recipe?

Thanks Dave. One trick I can let go is that I inject, wait 30 minutes, inject again, ect until the pork looks like a basketball. As for Easter, I did that in Florida for spring break. I ate seafood for 10 days. That is another one of my loves. SEAFOOD!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dale Perry:
Thanks Dave. One trick I can let go is that I inject, wait 30 minutes, inject again, ect until the pork looks like a basketball. As for Easter, I did that in Florida for spring break. I ate seafood for 10 days. That is another one of my loves. SEAFOOD! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dale, I'll have to try that. Since you described your injection as "savory", next butt cook I'm gonna try the IQUE comp. team's "Savory Pork Injection" out of the "Wicked Good BBQ" book. It's pretty simple: ACV, worster, onion powder, white grape juice, water, and whatever else I don't remember at the moment. I'll post back on the "Wicked Good BBQ" thread I recently started.

Being raised on the Mississippi gulf coast, I love me some seafood as well. Gotta get down there sometime this summer for some red snapper, speckled trout, shrimp, and oysters...my favorites.

There are.

I don't think it's a failing. I just do not think at all that injections are necessary for meat that is destined to be pulled or chopped. (And not necessary for sliced meats either, though possibly helpful depending on desired results).

You could still step onto my path and immerse yourself in its intricacies yet at the end of the day prefer the path you're on. Cooking is science and art, art and science. And different strokes.

I like the Renowned Mr Brown recipe found in Smoke and Spice. I finish with Carolina Red (thin vinegar sauce), then serve with a thicker serving sauce.

IMG_0578.jpg

Kevin's Metamorphosis Rub w/Fat Johnny's Bastardized Piedmont Sauce North Carolina Sauce

W.F. Cole Slaw (didn't have time to make my own)

IMG_20120407_181858-1.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by David Verba:
Kevin's Metamorphosis Rub w/Fat Johnny's Bastardized Piedmont North Carolina Sauce

W.F. Cole Slaw (didn't have time to make my own)

IMG_20120407_181858-1.jpg
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Back