Favorite Sauce for Ribs.

Where can i find the Blue Hog sauce online?

Thanks,

Bryan
wsmsmile8gm.gif

I use KC Masterpiece and Honey more than anything else but I'm also a big fan of Big Bob Gibson's Red Sauce and I love Gibson's Backyard Mustard Sauce on a pulled pork sammich.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bryan Pettiford:
Whats the difference between the tennessee red and the regular bbq sauce?
wsmsmile8gm.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The BBQ is very sweet.
The TN Red is more thin and more spicy. Excellent for pulled pork.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Darrell J.:
For those of you that have tried Blues Hog and Head Country, what's the main difference? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Blues Hog is sweeter. I cut mine with apple juice. It's also very thick.
Head Country doesn't really have a distinct tast in my opinion, it's just more of an all around bbq sauce with a nice even flavor of good ingredients.

You cannot go wrong with either Head Country or Blues Hogg. I was introduced to both of them by Jumpin' Jim last summer and am about to make my next order of each, along with Head Country rub.

I finally got around/remembered to try the Blue's Hog BBQ sauce on a butt i did for the guys at work on Friday. All who had a sammie really liked the sauce. They were used to Head Country but really liked the Blue's Hog. It's pretty thick and sweet with some nice spice and a little heat to it. I warmed it up which thined it out somewhat. IMO it would be fantastic on ribs. Will it replace the Head Country reg and hot that i always have on hand, not a chance, but i'll continue to buy it for a nice change of pace. I also have their Tennesse Red sauce and i'll be trying that one on the next butt cook along with their rub.
icon_smile.gif

I don't use bbq sauce on ribs anymore. But I have found a couple that I like. I used to think sweet baby rays was good stuff until I tried the Jack Daniels BBQ sauce. I preffer the spicy but both are good.

I have recently tried something new (to me) called big daddys. I have found a new favorite for now anyhow. My sister n law gets it at wally world in Iowa. Unfortuneately ours doesn't carry it.

Bryan, I used some Blues Hog BBQ sauce on some ribs a few weeks ago. I should have taken a picture of them on the WSM. They looked good enough to enter in competition. The sauce, like you said, thinned out and covered the ribs absolutely beautifully. Oh, It doesn't taste to bad also
icon_biggrin.gif

The flavor profile of Blues Hog (regular) changes when it's used for glazing. My husband Robert does NOT like it straight from the bottle, but when I try out several different glazes for testing purposes, he always chooses the BH as his favorite.

You can't beat Tennessee Red on pork, by the way.

Keri C, still smokin' on Tulsa Time

I usually make my own, but last time I used the BRITU technique and used KC Masterpiece blended with honey. It was very good. I also like Bone Suckin' Sauce. And I have one that I plan to try next time - Old Mule Sauce, which I think will make great ribs. Old Mule Sauce

Disclaimer: I don't have any connection with Old Mule Sauce. I tasted it last year at a bbq contest, and my in-laws gave me a jar of it last month. And it's good!

Bone sucking sauce is sooo very good.... I found some Head Country Hickory at a grocery store. One taste and it hit the trash!

I'd love to try the Head Country Original and some Blues Hog.

Josh

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Josh Z.:
I found some Head Country Hickory at a grocery store. One taste and it hit the trash!

Josh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Josh, The last case of Head Country i bought i got 2 bottles of the Hickory to use in baked beans. I figured just using a 1/4 -1/2 cup would work well in a pan of beans if i were doing them in the oven instead of the smoker. I haven't tried it yet but hoping it works well in said beans. You should really try the HC reg and the hot. Not sure what makes it so darn good but theres just something about that sauce that everybody here loves.
icon_biggrin.gif

Store Bought- Bronco Bob's Bacon Chipotle
Bronco Bob's Rasberry Chipotle
Bone Suckin' Sauce
Homemade- any kind of N.C. style vinegar based sauce
(alot of good ones to base them off of in the Paul Kirk BBQ cookbook)

Back