Favorite Sauce for Ribs.

I don't use a lot of sauce at all, and sometimes make my own. But I just tried a brand new President's Choice product called Smokin' Stampede which is described as a "beer and choptle" sauce. Ingredients list also includes bourbon which I always add to my own. The brand is a store brand of a supermarket chain called Loblaw's up here in Canada, but I've seen some of their President's choice products in the states. It was really good.

Bone Suckin Hot and Ditkas are my favorite store bought that ive had the pleasure of trying. The worse one has to be, so far, hands down, Arthur Bryants original. Throw away the jar and spit it out of your mouth nasty.. But thats just my taste buds, and my friends, family, and neighbors opinions.
icon_razz.gif

Someone mentioned Big Daddy's Nassau Bahama style BBQ

Great stuff

http://www.bigdaddysbbq.net/

Big Daddy is\was a character (I think he passed away now).

He had an open invitation... give him $250 or $500 bucks and if you can finish one of his super hot sandwiches he'll cater a party for free...... all money went to the food bank and only 1 or 2 people accomplished it but several ended up in the emergency room. He's been on letterman, and several other national shows.

That said, I just bought some ribstars and some blues hog today. Living in KC has its advantages.

Well, I don't believe in much if any sauce on ribs or pulled pork for that matter any more...we don't like KC thick (cover up your meat) style as we experienced in KC or the Carolina varieties at all (as we experienced in Carolina)...

My wife's from Memphis where they keep it all about the meat...and they make the best pork BBQ in the world...so, at home, we gravitate toward something pretty simple (if at all)...and this is backed up by other family and friends at many gatherings...a very light glaze of the BRITU sauce is all ya need...that's it!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dan M.:
KRAFT ORIGINAL BBQ SAUCE.
icon_eek.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
KRAFT ... ORIGINAL ... BBQ ... SAUCE ... Time for another Howard Dean moment ... Yyyyyiiiirrrrgggggggaaaahhhhhh .....

Actually, I need to try Kraft Original again. That was all I could buy when I first was interested in BBQ in my youth. It will bring back memories.

My latest sauce: About 5 to 1, Famous Dave's Devil's Spit Sauce to cider vinegar, with a couple tablespoons of rub mixed in. Pretty good for ribs as well as pulled pork.

Jim

Back