Favorite Halloween movies?

Clint

TVWBB Olympian
I never was one for slasher movies, & I'm not much one for gore, but Halloween (2007) was about the first one I enjoyed. Maybe because of Malcom McDowell from a Clockwork orange, or maybe because of Rob Zombie...

House of 1000 corpses used to be a must-see around here, this time of year, but last year or two it just creeped me out too much.......

I think I have "it's the great pumpkin, Charlie Brown" somewhere nearby :)

Clint

I still think the first Halloween movie holds up as one of the best.
Michael Myers doesn’t yell, he doesn’t run, he doesn’t get angry. He is a constant force of nature, always moving forward, never bothered. That’s what makes him so scary, plus Jamie Lee Curtis wink wink.

Thanks for the rec - I thought I'd seen it but nope - very similar to the 2007 version. JLC looked too old for a high school girl but still definitely hot (even today or at least the last image she left in my mind :) ).

The newer version did a better job covering the funny farm - that's the only complaint I have about the original (what escape).

Ghostbusters.
Young Frankenstein.
Beetlejuice.
The Addams Family.
And a scary good movie is The Conjuring.

Tim

Nice recs Timothy - & LOL/SMH @ yours Chuck.

I found Halloween II (2009), it's pretty gory (another Rob Zombie one). I don't hesitate to recommend the 2007 version (if you're into that kind of thing), but the 2009 version...nope.

The Exorcist scared the bejeezus out of a teen age me!
And Jaws gave me nightmares!
Pammi Sue and I went to see the Blair Witch Project on our first real date. That one was okay until the end. I STILL get goosebumps about the ending!

15 yr tradition at our house is the Horror of Dracula with Christopher Lee and Peter Kushing.

On repeat during Halloween starting at 5pm.

Old school horror with just the right amount of fright and blood.

15 yr tradition at our house is the Horror of Dracula with Christopher Lee and Peter Kushing.

On repeat during Halloween starting at 5pm.

Old school horror with just the right amount of fright and blood.
Those old Hammer Picture movies often had me hiding behind the couch as a young 'un! Christopher Lee, as Dracula, scared the carp out of me.
I remember my Dad making scary noises as I went up the stairs to bed after watching them. I used to run back down, & eventually he had to put the lights on and take me upstairs to make sure there was nothing hiding around any corner.
Nowadays I love watching the repeats.

Last edited:
The "Candyman" series STILL gives me the willies...

Niece saw it at a sleep-over when she was a bit too young for that - traumatized her for a few years

I like some of the Abbott & Costello / 3 Stooges horror spoofs for some creepy humor

The "Candyman" series STILL gives me the willies...

Niece saw it at a sleep-over when she was a bit too young for that - traumatized her for a few years

I like some of the Abbott & Costello / 3 Stooges horror spoofs for some creepy humor

I agree Ron. I had just bought a new surround sound system about the time of the release of Candyman on DVD, all hooked up, made some popcorn for the G-friend and I.
Turned off the lights and started the movie. That didn't last long as when they said Candyman into the mirror it would go around the room on on the speakers, from left to right, and then to the back speakers.... spooked the hell out of us, lights back on.

Back