Favorite BBQ sauce

I used to make my own. Then one day i realised that Loblaw's, Loblaws : President's Choice Smokin' Stampede Beer & Chipotle BBQ Sauce is pretty much my recipe, even including the bourbon! Here:
Sugar, water, tomato paste, white vinegar, salt, spices (contain chipotle peppers), brown sugar, modified corn starch, canola and/or soybean oil, natural flavour, onion and garlic powder, caramel colour, coffee, beer, tamarind extract, bourbon, mustard flour, xanthan gum.

PI178616038377629B.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I dang sure wouldn't invite you HOME to dinner, but I'd love to meet you and thank you in person for your contributions to this Board...you've made me a better cook ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Very kind of you to say. And I'd be happy to dine at your home (you can cook; I'd cook with you; or I'd cook for you) - or anywhere else.

Last night was a bust. The wine bar I discovered apparently has bit the dust. A glance through the window earlier in the day when I was bike riding did not betray its having closed - and no signs said as much. But a return at 5 (when their door sign said they opened) was for naught. Oh well. (I ended up consuming large quantities of Gnarly Head chard at a chain and consuming little food. There was nothing else to do.)

Did 2 Boston butts last night and tried making the #5 last night and it was awesome. I knew my guests were not into the vinegar sauce I made the last time so I decided to give #5 a try and it was a HUGE hit.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric Michaud:
Did 2 Boston butts last night and tried making the #5 last night and it was awesome. I knew my guests were not into the vinegar sauce I made the last time so I decided to give #5 a try and it was a HUGE hit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's this #5?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric Michaud:
" What's this #5? "

Here is the link http://tvwbb.com/eve/forums/a/...052/m/2870053653/p/1 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Their are a bunch of recipes on that link. The #5 is the first one? Never tried making my own sauce, but it looks simple enough. I'd really love to make one similar to Head Country, love that sauce.

Yep, it's the first one although if you follow the thread there are a lot of different variations. Simple sauce but really good, especially if you add the drippings, I added mine from the Boston butts and it made it that much better.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Last night was a bust. The wine bar I discovered apparently has bit the dust. A glance through the window earlier in the day when I was bike riding did not betray its having closed - and no signs said as much. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry to hear that...could be a victim of the infamous BP oil spill. The national media has made things sound much worse than they really are...many businesses are hurtin' from the drop-off in the tourist trade. We STILL have the most beautiful beaches in the world !
icon_biggrin.gif

Dean...

Ok, my fresh order of Head Country Hot and Blues Hog original came in today.

I didn't have any BBQ handy to do a side by side comparison. So I did it with fries. I found that the Blues Hog was super super sweet. Almost a breakfast maple syrup flavor, hard to describe. The Head Country was great as always (my favorite).

After this mini try out, i think I'm going to stick with the Head Country, perhaps mix the Blues Hog with it. The Blues Hog straight up is just too sweet for me, cutting it with HC might be best. I thought I was going to enjoy the BH more, as it's the "go to" sauce everyone in comps are raving about. Just a tad disappointed but glad I have my HC!

I use KC Masterpiece, add cider vinegar to taste and throw in some extra rub laying around.

Plus I always have Carolina Red around..basically ketchup and vinegar plus a bit of sugar, cayenne..maybe salt/pepper

I also prefer to make mine but when I do grab a store bottle it is usually KC masterpiece or even bullseye original. I used to like a brand called Texas' best with a gold label but it seems not to be available around here no more.

Cattleman's origional.
Sweet Baby Rays all of them.
Famous Dave's Devil Spit & Apricot Bourbon.
Country Bob's All Purpose & BBQ Sauce.

Tim

Back