Favorite BBQ sauce

There is a local joint that makes one that is my favorite for pork. I Can't beat it. Its a thinner vinegar based sauce that I prefer. I would love to make one of my own, but I can't. For Chicken I also like Burning Asphault's Apple.

A big thankyou here. Grilled a pork tenderloin tonight and whipped up my first batch of #5 sauce. My brother in law and myself found it to be quite tangy (a bit much for both of us actually) but we used some honey to make it quite tasty. So anyways, thanks for enlightening us rookies out there!

I shared some pulled pork with some friends last night. It was the first time I had taken my Q to people that know ther BBQ. I took 2 bottles of sauce, One Lexington style sauce, one #5 sauce. The Lexington style bottle came home full, the #5 sauce bottle didnt even make it home!
icon_biggrin.gif
Not only that, I had to introduce several pellet smoker users to this sight so they could find the recipe themselves!!
#5 sauce is they go to sauce in my house!
Tim

Nobody votes for Kraft? That's all we had when I was a kid. Didn't know they made others.

My favorites now are Stubbs and No. 5.

I don't care for KC Masterpiece, Sweet Baby Ray's, and such so much. They are just too sweet for me. Even Heinz ketchup is starting to seem too sweet for me. Maybe it's an aging thing.

Back