Favorite BBQ sauce

No. 5 is my go to sauce because i can make it with Heinz no sugar added ketchup and splenda brown sugar blend. for the rub i put in it i use either my own sugar free rub or Bad Byron's Butt Rub(sugar free).everyone i know loves it. my 6 year old son even puts it on mac and cheese.

I usually make my own, but I also like KC Masterpiece and Stubbs when pressed for time.

I first had burnt ends at a KCM restaurant(still around??) while travelling near Chicago 20 years or so ago. Cold beer and Q hooked me right in!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> so should we start a "my least favorite BBQ sauce" thread? i was just stating my opinion. sorry to have offended you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Go for it! Thing is, the OP didn't ask for what sauces you didn't like. I believe he asked for your opinion on the sauces that you DO like.
And thank you for the sincere post. I'm really feeling the love now.

hmm. i'm sure this is the only thread where opposite opinions were brought up. i will have to make sure to stay on topic from now on. thanks for setting me straight on forum etiquette. btw, i did post on the ones i DO like.

Favorite store bought: Bam! Kicked up:
http://hotshotshotsauce.com/in...13a6e01c34def872f45c

I haven't tried it since they stopped using HFCS. I bot my last bottle @ walmart.

#5 is my all-time fav - if you haven't try it you should make it next. IMHO
icon_smile.gif

Back at ya Tony! It's been one of those mornings brother. I apologize for being snippy, but that doggone Kevin, whom I much admire and call a friend, can really get me going on this topic
icon_rolleyes.gif
I sometimes think he does it on purpose just to get a rise out of me! And it did!
I will say that I do understand where Kevin is coming from, esp with his culinary background. Trust me, he's told me!
icon_smile.gif
But not everyone has his background and a lot of folks, I would dare to say most, just buy their sauce off the shelf or online. In that aspect, Blues Hog is very popular and in high demand. Not to mention the major successes it has had on the competition trail, both in the sauce contests and for the competitors. (Kevin also has some strong opinions about those too!) So yeah, sometimes I'll stand up and defend all of those awards Bill has won because they don't come easy. But I'll always have a ton of respect for Kevin and all he's done for me as well.

Oh, and to stay OT ... I also like Sticky Pig, Smoke This, and doctored up Head Country.
icon_biggrin.gif

Well we all have different opinions. A forum wont work without it. Personaly i dont think its anything wrong with the off the shelf sauces. KC KC KC for the win
icon_wink.gif

Its ok if you wanna use store bought pizza dough/cornbread from an already made mix/A factory made rub.

Who cares? Aslong as you like the food YOU gonna eat. We have a winner(not me but YOU)

I could raise my own pigs/cows..make my own lump and so on...But i dont,and im happy with what i get(most of the time)

And the ppl hwo said they wont buy a sauce they think its better to make one themself´s. Theres opinion is just as important as mine.

Dont ever take anything personaly on a internet forum.

Hope this makes sense had a couple of % and waiting for my ribs to be done. Over and out!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Its ok if you wanna use store bought pizza dough/cornbread from an already made mix/A factory made rub. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
But don't invite me for dinner.
icon_wink.gif

Well Kevin i know you wrote this with a sense of humor. My friends dont even like to cook and they put out what they think is great food...Me i still show up. Food is like any hobby,might not be what im looking for/our guests is looking for but showing some respect for what ppl like is a huge deal.

Food is my only hobby.(well love to snowboard to)

And if you ever get over to sweden you are on the "guest list" And i bet you leaving my house with the words bubbling in your lungs "was a great evening/company/food"

Have a great weekend! and take care of the ones you love.

Wolgast, I won't lol @ your choice of KC masterpiece, at least you didn't say "hunts".

...foreigners
icon_smile.gif

Do you like #5?

Bone Suckin! Sauce Original and Hot mixed 50/50 on everything.
Blues Hog Original on Griff Loaf, beef, and ribs. Blues Hog Tennessee Red on pulled pork, hot dogs, eggs, baked beans, and Southern peas and beans.
Reverend Marvin's Hot on pork and chicken.
Head Country in and on everything.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wolgast:
Well Kevin i know you wrote this with a sense of humor. My friends dont even like to cook and they put out what they think is great food...Me i still show up. Food is like any hobby,might not be what im looking for/our guests is looking for but showing some respect for what ppl like is a huge deal.

Food is my only hobby.(well love to snowboard to)

And if you ever get over to sweden you are on the "guest list" And i bet you leaving my house with the words bubbling in your lungs "was a great evening/company/food"

Have a great weekend! and take care of the ones you love. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes, I wrote it with a sense of humor. It is however quite true.

Several of my friends do not cook much either. When they invite me to dinner I cook. They suspect - and are quite correct - that their usual fare is not something I'd be interested in eating; they also would much prefer to eat whatever it is I'll cook rather than their frequent out-of-the-box stuff. Over the years this has changed more than a few of them. Though some are still not cooks per se, they've all learned the basics of working with flavors, and have gone so far as to purchase spices, herbs and such - quite a big deal for them. Others have become cooks, deciding that their love of food would be much further enhanced by real cooking, rather than simply assembling boxed, bagged, canned and bottled pre-made stuff into some semblance of a meal. Those that lean that way still, can now make additions to whatever they're assembling to, at the very least, make it taste much better to them than it normally would.

Food and cooking permeate my life, directly or indirectly informing most decisions I make. I make a portion of my income cooking professionally; years ago I made my total income by cooking. Food, technique, recipes, menus are in my head most of the time. Though I respect everyone's right to make the food, cooking and dining choices each wishes to make, it does not automatically follow that I respect the actual choice. Unless asked, i do not comment on others' choices. But I am, I'm afraid, a food elitist.

I have not been to Sweden in quite a long time. You were not yet born when I was last there, if memory serves and I recall your present age. I'd love to go again.

I'm traveling as usual this weekend. At present I am enjoying warm temps and sunny skies in Spanish Fort, Ala. I've just located a wine bar where, when it opens, I will be for much of the evening. I hope their food is good. Eating so often alone as I do, I will order a lot of things and not finish any, so that I can get a good sense of their menu and the talents of the chef. I won't be cooking till Tuesday and then, taking care of the ones I love, I will prepare the best possible meal from the best available ingredients I can muster.
icon_smile.gif

You, too, are invited should you decide to visit the States. By then I might have my third home - in California - and you can take your pick!

Wolgast,

I think you probably have a permanent invite to everyone here, including mine, if you make it to the states. I would also gladly have you cook with us at any comp.

Sweet Baby Rays
Stubbs

Not really a BBQ sauce but I love "Inner Beauty". Anyone remember this stuff? Not made anymore but some of the spicy/hot references here made me think of it. Love the stuff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by K Kruger:
I'm traveling as usual this weekend. At present I am enjoying warm temps and sunny skies in Spanish Fort, Ala. I've just located a wine bar where, when it opens, I will be for much of the evening. I hope their food is good. Eating so often alone as I do, I will order a lot of things and not finish any, so that I can get a good sense of their menu and the talents of the chef. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Geez, Kevin...if I knew you were that close by, the Wife and I would've joined you for dinner
icon_smile.gif
I dang sure wouldn't invite you HOME to dinner, but I'd love to meet you and thank you in person for your contributions to this Board...you've made me a better cook !

I suspect others here feel the same way...maybe we should start a "Where's Kevin ?" thread...kinda like "Where's Waldo ?", so if you're nearby, you wouldn't eat dinner alone
icon_biggrin.gif

....and, so I'm on topic, I DO have a bottle of KC in the fridge for emergencies !

Dean...

Like a lot of people here, my first option is my homemade sauce. As a change of pace, I'll use a locally made sauce called Sven's as well as Famous Dave's rich and sassy. The wife will only eat a KC style sauce from a Mpls grocery chain called Kowalski's.

Back