Father's Day Dinner by Cathryn

Larry Wolfe

Closed Account
Cathryn and I were at the pool on Saturday and she asked "Daddy can I cook dinner for you on Sunday". I said, "sure". I said "what are you going to cook for me?" She replied, "shredded beef"! I was surprised and happy. She took charge early Sunday afternoon and I helped a little.

We started with a small, almost 3lb chuck roast.
IMG_5817.jpg

The seasoning was all her doings. She splashed a bit of worcestershire sauce and then gave it a good rubbing of her favorite.......Wolfe Rub Original.
IMG_5819.jpg
IMG_5818.jpg
IMG_5820.jpg

She even cleaned the grill.
IMG_5821.jpg

And lit the grill.
IMG_5823.jpg

She put 3 small pieces of cherry wood on the grill. The white stuff on the grates is Pam.
IMG_5824.jpg

Meat is ready to go on the grill!
IMG_5825.jpg
IMG_5826.jpg

After about 2 hours in the smoke it was ready to be foiled.
IMG_5829.jpg
IMG_5830.jpg

After another 2.5 hours and a 30 minute rest, the meat was done and very tender!
IMG_5833.jpg
IMG_5834.jpg

My plate full of Southern favorites of mine that included collard greens, stewed squash and Hoppin John! The slaw on top of the sandwich is made with Reverend Marvins Gourmet BBQ Sauce and absolute MUST for beef!! The slaw was outrageously good!
IMG_5840.jpg
IMG_5841.jpg

If you're from the South, you know you don't eat greens without Pepper Sauce and this is one of my favorites and brings back many of childhood memories from growing up in NC. I ate a couple of the tabasco peppers too!
IMG_5842.jpg

And the winner in Virginia is...................
Cathryn Wolfe.
Nice job young lady. I bet you showed dear old dad a thing or two.
icon_smile.gif

Thanks Larry - absolutely beautiful and talented young lady and I know you are proud of her. Great pics also.
Where in NC did you grow up?
Ray

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ray Crick:
Thanks Larry - absolutely beautiful and talented young lady and I know you are proud of her. Great pics also.
Where in NC did you grow up?
Ray </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks guys!

I grew up in Wilmington and Carolina Beach.

That's excellent Larry, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. This is something she'll remember always, what a great day for you and her.

Nice job Larry! I can't wait for my daughter to get a little older so she can help more than she already does. She got an apron this weekend at a local BBQ competition and now she won't take the darn thing off, lol.

Rob

Cathrin, you're very clever girl. You learn quickly.
icon_eek.gif
Congratulations Larry. And now you can smoke Cohibas.
icon_smile.gif

Thanks guys! I enjoy every second I spend with that little Angel of mine!

She made quesadillas with the leftover beef and mexican blend cheese for dinner last night!! Here and I both think leftovers rock!

Back