Fat separator

Well I had a pancake batter dispenser till a big burst of wind came through the kitchen and knocked a cutting board over, it knocked it into the floor and broke. I had plans to use it as it was big and drained out the bottom, only thing would have to watch temps so it didn't warp. I will buy another one , if you look around the good 1's drain out of the bottom, I have a older 1 that's made like a measuring cup with a spout that works. OXO may make a good 1 and I like their products a lot

I have a catamount glass fat separator. Looks like the one below without the filter.

I pour the drippings through a SS mesh strainer into a 1 or 2 quart pryex and then pour the filtered drippings into the fat separator.

Mine looks like this, but without the mesh strainer on the lid or the thing on the spout.

1666022560479.png

Catamount by Prepara Fat Separator, 2 Cup, Clear

Last edited:
Jay, I’ve used a lot of their recommendations in the past and not felt like they were fraudulent, I don’t see any hard evedience supporting your supposition but, I’m sure you have some reason for it.

I only cook a couple of turkeys a year, so the old plastic whatever it is (with the missing pieces) in the cabinet will continue to work for me. I use a separate strainer.

Back