Family favorites

Andy Beers

TVWBB Diamond Member
Just wondering what some of your family favorites are as far as BBQ is concerned. My family has really gotten to enjoy my slow BBQed whole chickens. The flavor with a little maple wood is excellent and it has a beautiful pink smoke ring and is a lot jucier than I can achive in the oven. Love my performer.

Mostly it's things I do with the leftovers, especially beef and pork. A sauce or a chili made out of brisket, rib or butt meat scrambled into eggs or rolled in tortillas or stuffed in arepas. Those sorts of things.

I second what Kevin says...although great the first time around...I think my family digs the brisket chilli or smoked chicken enchiladas even more!

They pretty much like anything I BBQ
icon_smile.gif

St. Louis ribs, without a doubt. Those with better taste like my dry ribs best, and the rest want 'em glazed so I usually do some of both. Wings are a close second, though.

One of my favorites is to freeze and later use smoked turkey wings and thighs to flavor soups or greens.
I also love chicken salad made with smoked poultry - a great new taste.
Ray

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ray Crick:
chicken salad made with smoked poultry </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
+1. We love it here too.

I smoked some chicken yesterday, and made some of the best chicken salad I have eaten. My wife liked it so much she took it all to work to share with her friends.

Back