Eye of Chucky

Sean H

TVWBB Pro
Chuck eyes were on sale this week at Winn-Dixie, so we picked up a few to try. I decided I wanted to do an entire meal from the grill, so roasted corn, CIS red potatoes, and grilled Romaine were the accompaniments.

First, the corn went on. Then, the potatoes. The potatoes were cut in half, doused in cooking oil and barbecue rub, and placed cut side down in the skillet with some jalapeños and garlic. They started over direct heat, and were moved to indirect, as shown here:

7230710950_2bbf21b705.jpg

Up next, the star of the show, the Chuck eyes. They were salted, then seasoned with garlic powder, black pepper, and dashes of cayenne and mustard powder:

7230712184_ac0490fa0e.jpg

After a few minutes of grilling, the Romaine hearts decided they wanted to crash the party (that's a busy grill!):

7230713030_f74da92117.jpg

How's this for a dinner?

7230714338_1013a4b794.jpg

I dressed the Romaine with the Columbia Restaurant's "1905" salad dressing, and some crumbled feta. On a side note, they make one of the best salads I've ever had: http://www.columbiarestaurant....asp?FeaturedItemID=2

This is possibly the best meal I've made in a long, long time. The potatoes and corn turned out just as I hoped, and everything worked together perfectly with the grilled Romaine. Finally, the Chuck eyes were amazing. Perfectly tender at medium rare, and chock full of flavor.

Many thanks go out to Jim Lampe for tirelessly evangelizing the Chuck eye. It may be the meal talking, but I'm considering naming my first born after him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I decided I wanted to do an entire meal from the grill </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Haha! I have that thought often.
icon_cool.gif

Nailed all of it. Great job!

Back