Extention Ring Issues

Don, have you tried the ring on another kettle? Since you have tried three rings I wondered if it is the kettle. Sorry I can't measure one for you as I have the OnlyFire ring and it has a lip that goes over the kettle as opposed to inside it.

I’m 64, the term “Boys“ doesn’t concern me, I use it all the time with the guys in my band. I will take a picture and take some measurements. But the point is moot, I really do NOT like things which do not fit properly no matter what. When you spend years as a picture framer and really irritate the person that cuts mats by sending a 48” double mat back down for an error of 1/64” over the span and she came up and absolutely pitched a fit but, the owner (her father) backed me up. I pulled out a Starret scale and showed her, she was simply FUMING!
So, fit tolerance is something I do understand.
Richard, I didn’t realize the “Onlyfire” rolled over the lip, I might get a second one for:
A-comparison
B- an extra layer of available space!
OOoh, more toys!!!

Last edited:
I’m 64, the term “Boys“ doesn’t concern me, I use it all the time with the guys in my band. I will take a picture and take some measurements. But the point is moot, I really do NOT like things which do not fit properly no matter what. When you spend years as a picture framer and really irritate the person that cuts mats by sending a 48” double mat back down for an error of 1/64” over the span and she came up and absolutely pitched a fit but, the owner (her father) backed me up. I pulled out a Starret scale and showed her, she was simply FUMING!
So, fit tolerance is something I do understand.
Richard, I didn’t realize the “Onlyfire” rolled over the lip, I might get a second one for:
A-comparison
B- an extra layer of available space!
OOoh, more toys!!!
Yeah Timothy, I like it better as it is very stable. They make it in Stainless and in regular steel. They also make a pizza/rotisserie combo in SS as well. Here is a link to the SS roti on Amazon. I know, made in China. 🙁

Yeah Timothy, I like it better as it is very stable. They make it in Stainless and in regular steel. They also make a pizza/rotisserie combo in SS as well. Here is a link to the SS roti on Amazon. I know, made in China. 🙁

I think that is a far superior design concept, don’t need the SS one (but, I might want it anyway) .
edit… the Weber parts are no longer made in the USA either.

Last edited:
Don, have you tried the ring on another kettle? Since you have tried three rings I wondered if it is the kettle. Sorry I can't measure one for you as I have the OnlyFire ring and it has a lip that goes over the kettle as opposed to inside it.
I have tried both rings(not 3) on both kettles. Don't know where you got that idea.

Last edited:
I think that is a far superior design concept, don’t need the SS one (but, I might want it anyway) .
edit… the Weber parts are no longer made in the USA either.
Just for transparency, I bought the pizza kit and when I saw their pizza/roti kit I modded mine to have the roti. Since I bought the roti spit and motor separately I have no idea of the quality of the OnlyFire one. The ring is first rate though but not 304 stainless. I have had it for four years and it is not rusting but I do store it inside when not in use.

Sorry Don, didn’t mean to hijack your thread.

any of you have a double boiler? How would you like it if the top part did not sit properly? Same principal/design. I do like the Amazon version, but when I purchased from Weber, one would think everything should/work/ etc.

any of you have a double boiler? How would you like it if the top part did not sit properly? Same principal/design. I do like the Amazon version, but when I purchased from Weber, one would think everything should/work/ etc.
No, I’m not taking that bait! Very different cooking heating methodology. As for everything from one manufacturer always fitting. I can only say, dream on. Corporate decisions are made far above our pay grade.
I think I’m done here.
Thanks for the “Onlyfire“ tips Richard, I might look into that.

Last edited:
I purchased the extention ring for my 22" kettle.....It does not fit, the circumference is about a half inch too small. After doing some measurements. The ring still does not fit snug. I contacted Weber and they asked for a bunch of pictures. A week later they asked for more. Then I called them again to see what the hell is going on. They said they would send me another ring, ensuring me it would fit. Well guess what? It arrived today and it doesn't fit. I've asked in email and phone to give me the circumference measurement and I have yet to get an answer. Then I get another email today and they want pics of measurements of the bowl. I told them you have those!!!!!! JFC!!! Maybe they should go down to the warehouse and find me a grill and ring that fit? Is that asking too much? I can't be the only one with this "issue".
Did you ever solve the problem?

My Weber rotisserie ring is not as snug as I would like it to be but it has done the job for several years.

The weight of the rotisserie motor will pull it down, especially without a hunk of meat on the skewer and even more if the enamel mating surfaces are nice and shiny. It's an interference fit that relies on friction to hold it in place. That needs manufacturing to fine tolerances that they probably can't achieve with mass produced items in China.

A combination of design and/or manufacture issues and lacking some quality control?

If I couldn't live with it then I'd seek a refund and find a better designed/manufactured third party solution.

Checks out.

If you all haven't heard of WolframAlpha, it's worth a look. Conversions and formulas for everything, basically.
I took a calculus class back in 2014 that required this. Walked in on the first day, he says “you will never use anything you’re going to learn in this class unless you’re in IT” (then why the HELL am I here!??) and proceeds to tell me I need to be a computer programmer to figure this thing out.

Needless to say, I made it only a couple of months. And that was because I had a buddy in there and a smoking hot girl sat right in front of me🤣

Don... ( reference post #21 above... )

Back