Extention Ring Issues

Don L

I purchased the extention ring for my 22" kettle.....It does not fit, the circumference is about a half inch too small. After doing some measurements. The ring still does not fit snug. I contacted Weber and they asked for a bunch of pictures. A week later they asked for more. Then I called them again to see what the hell is going on. They said they would send me another ring, ensuring me it would fit. Well guess what? It arrived today and it doesn't fit. I've asked in email and phone to give me the circumference measurement and I have yet to get an answer. Then I get another email today and they want pics of measurements of the bowl. I told them you have those!!!!!! JFC!!! Maybe they should go down to the warehouse and find me a grill and ring that fit? Is that asking too much? I can't be the only one with this "issue".

Last edited:
So, now you have three rings that do not fit!? Something doesn’t sound right, it sounds to me like you might be trying to put it on upside down? I’m not trying to be a smart @$$ but, three rings don’t fit?

I’d like to see some pics myself, I also wonder if it could be the kettle.
Also is this extension ring the same one as the rotisserie?
Thanks and good luck.

no need to send pics....I got Weber working on it. Anybody here have an extention ring? If so,,,,what is the circumference?

Attachments

• IMG_1311.jpeg
    IMG_1311.jpeg
    127.7 KB · Views: 71
I have a rotisserie extension ring, and I am not sure that I would describe the fit as snug exactly. You are seeing a 1/2" gap, that could be within a tolerable range. Have you tried using it? It may well work okay, I don't know that there would be a lot of heat loss out of a small gap like that.

Also, I have had mine for years, and I do get slight distortion of the shape over the years due to storage goofs and such. Unless there is some "give" in the fit, those minor distortions might cause the extension not to seat in there at all without a lot of bending and pushing. I've never had to do that, just some occasional coaxing into place.

Anyhow, I would try it out and see if it works. I know I enjoy mine.

That looks like it fits properly, what’s the problem?
And, pictures are a big help for us to TRY to help when there seems to be a “fit” question.

Well sounds like you have it all figured out, make sure you are lined up properly and not hitting any lid holder bolts.

Good luck, my rotisserie ring isn’t the most snug fit either but throw a bird on that spit and you’ll be good to go.

Last edited:
see how the ring does not sit properly on the kettle? It sinks in. There should be 100% contact with the lip of the ring on the top of the kettle.

I measured my ring this morning. I could not measure the circumference because the tape measure just kinks, but I got a 21.5" diameter going north-south, and a 22" diameter going east-west. So it's become slightly oblong over the years, but as I said earlier it fits in with a tiny bit of coaxing. Works perfectly.

Also, the ring does not telescope into the bowl; it just rests on its own little nubs only an inch or so in. There is probably some smoke escape, but nothing crazy. The last time I cooked a chicken with it, I was getting 500 degrees at the lid, so any heat escape was having no effect.

As for sinking in, make sure you have (IIRC) four nubs. If you are missing a nub, I guess it would sink in. Or maybe your kettle is out of whack.

Back