EX4 Deal for someone…or more problems

Looks like an opportunity if you are willing to seriously tinker. Since you would not be the original owner, it's up to Weber to decide how much you will have to pay for additional parts that may be needed. Tempting at that price, but...

Since you would not be the original owner, it's up to Weber to decide how much you will have to pay for additional parts that may be needed.
Yup with their current issues you wonder how generous with their warranty program they are going to be down the road especially for people who aren't the original owners with no receipt. Even with the Smokefire which it seems they were taking care of 2nd hand owners without a lot of pushback.

That is one hell of a deal. Most problems are solved without new parts.
Unfortunately what if they aren't solved without new parts. The listing says new igniter plug new auger what else and Lew you would know could be wrong I don't know nor do I have any idea what the cost of additional parts besides those would be if Weber won't warranty those parts. Obviously this owner has given up why no idea, but as I said with Weber and their problems to assume they are going to keep throwing free stuff with grills out of warranty that might be a stretch. A year ago they were trying to make things right even if you were not the original owner I don't think you can assume that is going to continue.

Unfortunately what if they aren't solved without new parts. The listing says new igniter plug new auger what else and Lew you would know could be wrong I don't know nor do I have any idea what the cost of additional parts besides those would be if Weber won't warranty those parts. Obviously this owner has given up why no idea, but as I said with Weber and their problems to assume they are going to keep throwing free stuff with grills out of warranty that might be a stretch. A year ago they were trying to make things right even if you were not the original owner I don't think you can assume that is going to continue.
Yes, and I accepted that possibility when I bought a used Gen 1 EX4 in January. I knew it had already been registered and I wouldn't have warranty coverage. I have no expectation that Weber will send me free parts for the EX4. I answered Darian's question based on personal experience. I paid 450 for mine and I think that was a fair price.

Back