ET-732

Dick B

I had, as many others, bad results with the ET 73. What are experiences and results of the 732 Does it live up to Maverick's claims?
Thanks much

I love mine! Mutch better then the 73...But if the bad probes is still there i migh need to replace in a near future.(no problems so far)

I own both (just recently the 732) and forunately haven't experienced much of an issue with either. Although the range on the 732 makes the 73 look silly. And THAT I probably love the most about the 732.

I would like to have one, but it has received some iffy reviews on Amazon the last several months. Kinda scaring me off. Not sure if they had a bad production run or what.

I'm finding that it tends to lose the signal quite regularly.

In regards to the videos attesting to it's range (300'??), well if I lose signal 50' from the unit through 1 exterior wall, well view the claims made with a grain of salt.

BTW, to counter the loss of signal, I just set the upper and lower temp range alarms and leave the unit by a (closed/open) window. It's beeper is enough to wake the dead so it's really a pretty small issue for me considering the benefits it provides. IMO.

Just my experience.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Len Dennis:

In regards to the videos attesting to it's range (300'??), well if I lose signal 50' from the unit through 1 exterior wall, well view the claims made with a grain of salt.

BTW, to counter the loss of signal, I just set the upper and lower temp range alarms and leave the unit by a (closed/open) window. It's beeper is enough to wake the dead so it's really a pretty small issue for me considering the benefits it provides. IMO.

Just my experience. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's interseting. When I first recieved my 732 I tested it by placing the transmitter at the furthest point in my back yard and walked the receiver all the way to my front sidewalk (with the entire house and all walls in between). Still perfect reception and that was in the area of 250ft. Hope I don't jinx myself
icon_smile.gif

The only problem I've had is replacing the cheap supplied batteries and since the phone jacks and receptacles are rubber coated, making sure they are pushed in far enough for a good connection.

Accuracy has been great. I tested both probes against my Thermapen. +/- 2* F. I can live with that.

I've been as happy with my 732 as I was unhappy with my 73. The only thing I've noticed is that it doesn't like my office where there is a ton of electronics. I keep it on the landing nearby and it's happy.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Michael G. (Canada Mike):
I've been as happy with my 732 as I was unhappy with my 73. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
+1

I've had other wireless thermometers and they were all junk. I've had the 732 for year or more and haven't had single problem with it. 50' thru screened porch and either double pane windows or brick. Never lost the signal.

I have the 73 with no issues yet. What has been the biggest complaint with the 73? In other words, what are the advantags (besides greater recv/xmit range) of the 732?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Len Dennis:

Just my experience. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My experience is similar, though I haven't tried it in moderate outdoor temps. I'm sure the fact that it was operating in 10-20*F was decreasing the battery output some. I like having the 732 as a "second opinion" though I always use my Guru and consider that be the definitive source.

I've had my 732 for well over a year now, and cant say enough good things about it! At first , I didnt like it because it responded so much faster than the dome therm. on my WSM. (which I have found to be accurate but slow) I wanted to always adjust the temp as soon as I saw it move a few degrees. Now, I cant think of smoking without it! I'm still running on the original batteries as well! (guess I'm on borrowed time there!) I have set the smoker on my back deck, front porch, and on my driveway beside the house, and not once have I ever lost signal! A great investment and a must have in one's smoking arsenal!
Tim

Makes me wonder if people are getting some interference from other wireless phones or routers. Heck, even microwave ovens can have an effect on these things.

coincidence this topic just came up. Never had a problem with mine until this weekend. I was in northern Michigan this weekend. In the middle of the upper peninsula with no phone signal even. It worked fine for a few hours after that I could not get my 732 to stay connected to the receiver for more than a few minutes even if I had it outside.

different factors then when at home.

I was in a log cabin. but it losing signal outside was weird too.

And the house had a satellite dish for TV maybe the dish pulling in signal messed it up? come to think of it those few hours it was working is when I set up the smoker and went to bed with the TV off. hmmmm

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jason U:
Makes me wonder if people are getting some interference from other wireless phones or routers. Heck, even microwave ovens can have an effect on these things. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The manual doesn't say what frequency band it operates in, so I guess it's trial-and-error to determine any other devices that have potential for creating interference.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jason U:
Makes me wonder if people are getting some interference from other wireless phones or routers. Heck, even microwave ovens can have an effect on these things. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've got a wireless phone with 4 handsets, wireless weather station, WI-FI and an AT&T micro-cell. Have no problem with my 732. Can't say whether others devices causing problems elsewhere, but I don't think a 732 is overly sensitive to other wireless devices.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Yianni:
coincidence this topic just came up. Never had a problem with mine until this weekend. I was in northern Michigan this weekend. In the middle of the upper peninsula with no phone signal even.
... hmmmm </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Anywhere near ELF antenna near Republic, Michigan? Hmmmm indeed!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hank B:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Yianni:
coincidence this topic just came up. Never had a problem with mine until this weekend. I was in northern Michigan this weekend. In the middle of the upper peninsula with no phone signal even.
... hmmmm </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Anywhere near ELF antenna near Republic, Michigan? Hmmmm indeed! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nope i was about 130 miles east of there just a little north of curtis. I have not checked on the 732 since ive been home..maybe this weekend ill do some chicken.

Back