ET-73 at Amazon.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,

The Maverick ET-73 dual-probe remote thermometer is very popular with lots of folks, and The Gadget Source has been the best place to buy it for $39.99.

Tonight, I just learned that you can buy the ET-73 from The Gadget Source via Amazon.com for the same $39.99, and help support TVWB at the same time. Everyone wins!

Here's a link, which I've also added to the Shopping page:

Maverick ET-73 Dual-Probe Remote Thermometer at Amazon.com

Regards,
Chris

But of course mine came last week.

Rath *not buying another Q product til it helps support this site*

Darn it...my brother just ordered me one for my birthday this past Monday! What was that, oh, it was my luck...running out!!

Chris that ability has been there for at least two weeks. I ordered mine through amazon after clicking throuh this site.

Mike

Chris,

I apologize! I ordered my WSM and ET 73 from Amazon w/o going through this site!! Won't happen again! This site is priceless! I'll do anything I can to support it going forward. Do items ordered have to be BBQ related or can we get credit for ordering other items through here?

My order is going in now also...

BUT... Only 1 Star Review...DOH! I think that people on this board could vouch otherwise...

Wade

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wade Leishman:

BUT... Only 1 Star Review...DOH! I think that people on this board could vouch otherwise...

Wade <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not so sure. From what I have read here lately there are more than a few less than impressed.:-(

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Do items ordered have to be BBQ related or can we get credit for ordering other items through here? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Anything you order from Amazon by clicking through from links here will generate a referral for TVWB.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> ... Only 1 Star Review...DOH <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I wouldn't worry too much about it....
a single review, duplicated...portion of review text....
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> The thermometer and timer appear to work fine, but the range of the transmitter limits the receiver to about 10 feet. That makes the remote feature almost useless. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> this person should contact them for a replacement. The good part of the review <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> It would deserve four or five stars if it were really useable as a remote monitor.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Mike:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> more than a few less than impressed <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
ET-73 Reasonable Expectations has been cleared up for at least a couple of owners here.

It's unfortunate they had the manufacturing defect and inadequate inventory control to be able to isolate defective units thereby sending out some defective replacements, but they seem to be trying to make things right.

Hey Chris, I read the review for the ET-73 that was on the Amazon site, and the reviewer gave it a 1 star rating. He said the remote feature only worked from 10ft. or less away. What do you think. I need one but if there is something out there that is better I would rather have that. I have seen a lot of people on the site that use it, I wonder if they have the same problem as the reviewer.

My ET-73 had similar issues. I talked to them and they asked that I ship it back and they will replace it. They sound genuine in their intent to make things right.

I have done a little research on 433Mhz technology and there is no reason it shouldn't have a good solid 50' range even through walls and such. 100' line of site should be expected. If it's not making it 10-15ft, something is defective and you should get it replaced.

My ET-73 has arrived and I am pleased to report it works very well. I set the temp probe out and the smoker probe in some boiled water with an ice cube (cools off, causes updates to be transmitted frequently) ET-73 worked everywhere on my property, including the basement, and 60' entirely through the house to the front of the property from the smoker. I didn't test it beyond that, I'm satisfied.

Thanks for the heads up Chris. I just purchased a WSM last week due much to the incredibly unbiased opinions on this forum. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Stopped by today to see about remote temp probes (among a variety of other things, like BRITU!!) and I'll be ordering one through the sites link today. Thanks for putting together a great website.

btw...fired her up for the first time over the weekend, cut some chops from a pork tenderloin, rubbed with some spices of my own conncoction, smoked with mesquite at about 225 to 250 for 3 hours and had a great culinary delight for my efforts...enough kids stuf...now on to making some venison jerky this weekend!!!

Tony

I was just notified my ET-73 shipped and UPS tracking shows it scheduled to be delivered today! I ordered Wed July 14 and I'll have it today the 19th, what great service!

Looks like I'll have to pick something up to smoke on the way home. (aww darn!)

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back