Electrified Yard Equipment

I don't move mine much once it's setup. I have a 50 ft. HD extension cord and a 25 ft extension hose so I set it up and can cover a fairly large area.

I get it, but I hate cords.
I'll take the cord over the noise of gas. I didn't think I'd find an electric one powerful enough for my needs, but this one does really well.

I don't think a battery powered one would last any where long enough. edit: I need a couple of hours, and the battery ones seem to last minutes.

Last edited:
EGO LB5302 56volt from Ace Hardware with battery and charger. Best blower I have had in 40 years. First blower 40 years ago was a plug in slowed down while using and caught on fire. Second blower was gas and oil, noisy but worked okay. The EGO I have now is the most powerful of the 3 and quiet. The battery charge lasts long enough that I'm done before it runs out but I have about 15 minutes total blow time. It has enough power that I only use turbo for spider webs or blowing under the cars. I have to use lowest power to keep the bark in the flower bed.

I have an echo gas blower and I use it in fall. I bought a greenworks 40V 550 CFM and its OK for light work summer cleanup. I keep it on the back patio all summer long and use it often, but it won't move lots of wet leaves like the gas blower.

good news is neither have a cord :D

yet you purchased an EV car, lol!
I don't get what is so funny. There is no cord needed to operate the EV car. Every 2 or 3 days I simply plug it in overnight, it's programmed to take advantage of Com Ed's "off peak" rates of only .08 or .09 per KWh so I can drive it for quite a few miles and only about $6 or $7. Even at it's absolute top MPG my hybrid can't do that. Also needs nothing but tire rotations for first 100/120k miles.
So please explain what you mistakenly are finding so funny.

I have an echo gas blower and I use it in fall. I bought a greenworks 40V 550 CFM and its OK for light work summer cleanup. I keep it on the back patio all summer long and use it often, but it won't move lots of wet leaves like the gas blower.

good news is neither have a cord :D
I had an Echo gas blower, as well. Figured I might still need it when I bought my DeWalt 20V blower. Because after all, how well can a 20V blower work? Here to tell you, it does as much or MORE that the Echo did, without the stink, noise, and making my clothes and me smell like gasoline and exhaust fumes. I have a 4 AH and 5 AH battery for it. And I can do all the leaf blowing I need to on our little 1/2 acre of paradise.
Same with the DeWalt 20V trimmer. Even on low it just mows things down. Quietly with no stench.
So far we love the Toro 60V lawn mower as well. Can it do my whole yard? Nope. Not on one 7.5AH battery. It does do, my front, side front along the drive and along the house plus the culverts. Now with the 2nd 10AH battery from the snow blower, it could likely do the whole half acre. But, no way, I am walking this yard 21" at a time. So that would hold true with ANY walk behind except the large commercial ones that have dual blade decks an such. But, come fall I will put it and the Predator mulching blades under the Kubota to good use. And of course the Toro. What I can't finish mulching I simply blow into the culvert and light up.
Anyway both gas and battery tools have their places. So far I'm really liking the BE tools A LOT!

Back to the baseline subject…
I too am quite pleased with the DeWalt blower mostly. Glad I have the 5ah batteries too, the smaller ones are not good for much more than the patio and deck, I need the 5’s for the driveway. Have not attempted the back yard yet, walnut tree is still shedding.
The string trimmer needs the big ones too, and that just barely makes it around the whole yard before it’s hungry.
Now, back to the battery if bad electrical jokes…

We have a knack for derailing a thread and sometimes striking a chord but I appreciate all the friends here. Some of our humor would be funnier if we were neighbor friends saying these things at our backyard cookouts.

Last edited:
We have a knack for derailing a thread and sometimes striking a chord but I appreciate all the friends here. Some of our humor would be funnier if we were neighbor friends saying these things at our backyard cookouts.
You bet, enjoying a cold beverage smelling the grill huffing along with a pinning rack of pork/beef, chickens whatever! And cracking terrible puns? Sounds like one of the best ways to electrify an afternoons conversation!

Omg lol. Y'all are awesome. I enjoy some privacy in the country but if I had to be close to neighbors you would be the finest "strand".

Back