Electric Pressure Washer Recommendation

I bought this one based on several reviews here and through Google Search but I haven't had a chance to use it yet because of our cold weather.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-2...e-Electric-Pressure-Washer-RY142300/300405751

I bought it here certified pre-owned and a significantly reduced price to what it even is now.

https://www.directtoolsoutlet.com/zrry142300

I'm sure it will go on sale again soon.

I started looking at the Ryobis yesterday or the day before, they look nice, definitely a contender.

I was looking at the gas one (Ryobi) because it had the Honda engine but I’m leaning more toward electric. I may give this one a chance. I like my other Ryobi cordless tools. Let us know if you get a chance to use it. I’m about a month to go before we have pressure washer weather.

Last edited:
I’m kind of leaning toward the Karcher. I like the specks on the K1900.

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01NCUWVMS/tvwb-20

I’m thinking of buying in the spring for cleaning my porch and my cars. Hopefully Chris will convert the link so it’s easy for me to click through this site and give him credit. :)

Though I will say, I like the price on the Sun Joe.

Just bought the Karcher K1900. Price dropped a little bit and encouraged me to purchase. Hoping for the best. Breakeven is about 50 car washes at the coin op so that'd be a couple years. Also hoping to get a few things around the house a little cleaner than they are right now. Mainly looking to keep the car cleaner since I won't have to drive to use the pressure from the car wash.

That one was on my list but I was worried that the amp rating was too close to 15 amp and I'm trying to not have to put in a 20 amp circuit. Definitely getting a foam cannon.

Make sure you read as many reviews of diff cannons as you can find b4 you buy. I did and got what I thought was the best one. It wasn't and it was sent back.

THEN I reviewed tests done re: is a foam cannon really better than the usual hand washing? And I agreed with several reviews after my experience. Not worth it. Still have to do hand-washing after the foam. I guess it all depends on what your idea of "clean" is.

The foam cannon "idea" looks good in theory but you need the hand friction to get the dirt off. Surface crap ? Sure but you'll feel the dirt/grit that's left behind. And I used a 2700 psi gas washer so that was not a factor.

I guess I’ll just use the included soap tank and the low pressure nozzle first and see how that works. The main thing I’m looking forward to is not having to drive to the car wash in order to spay off my car.

It warmed up enough today to use the pressure washer. Overall I’m happy with the model I chose. It is good for washing my truck and I tried it on the mold on my patio walls and it took that off with no problem. One criticism is that the hose isn’t quite long enough to keep the base in one place while I wash the truck. I can almost go from front to back on both sides, but not quite, so I need to move it mid wash. I’m going to look into a longer hose or an extension. The pressure feels about the same as the coin op wash near my house. I was also happy that it worked just fine off the plug in my garage. I was afraid I’d need a separate plug and maybe even a 20 amp circuit. All in all, a good machine. Now just need to see how long it lasts. Hopefully I’ll give an update in 5 or more years.

One piece of advice I'd like to offer - make sure it's switched off or better yet, unplugged when not in use.

Both of my pressure washers have been found with the motors running when the water was turned off. I assume they were trying to self-prime, but the first time was several years ago, I walked into my garage & found it running (and hot). Then last year, possibly the year before, I found my other one running on the side of my house (less dangerous but still).

Thanks, but I'm pretty anal about stuff like that. There's no way I'd leave it plugged in. Maybe during the day if I was using it on and off, but never over night.

Follow-up: I didn't realize how expensive hoses were. I don't know if any of them come with a 50ft hose, but it would definitely go into the value equation. 25ft doesn't even get me front to back on both sides of my pickup without moving the unit. While you're washing your car, moving the unit is a pain. A really nice made in the USA hose is around $50 for 50ft. A cheap 25ft hose that I can use as an extension is just under $20. I didn't realize this would be like the WSM and my wanting to get accessories. I'm trying to tamp down that urge, but I think the 50ft hose is pretty important for washing the truck.

Yep, and seeing your in Michigan you should add some Pump saver (antifreeze) before winter.

Tim

Got some pump saver today. Ordered it along with the new hose. Used the hose today. Like the length, but I'm afraid I might have made a mistake. It's a heavy duty hose and it is seriously heavy. Wasn't thinking about that. We'll see how that works out over time. I guess that's the price of durability. Also, it's not too flexible once pressurized, however, I'm guessing it's that way no matter what hose you use. Still, seems to work well. It was nice to spend more time on the car than I would have at the coin op. Especially the wheels.

One mod I'm thinking I will make is setting up the hoses (pressure hose and the garden hose) with quick connects. Screwing and unscrewing them each time is a pain. Plus, I'd like to get the screw type connectors secured and not leaking once and then leave them that way.

Not as much fun as the WSM, but still I'm happy with the purchase.

I went to use my pressure washer today and....it's done.

Any more pointers? I'm going to start looking again and probably buy one this week.

I went to use my pressure washer today and....it's done.

Any more pointers? I'm going to start looking again and probably buy one this week.

No more pointers. I’m happy with my purchase and would definitely recommend the longer hose. Though I might have done better with a 25ft extension hose that was the same as the original hose (lighter). The reason I didn’t do that is because I didn’t want to introduce another connection (point of failure) into the works. But I think the machine is good for my primary purpose of washing my cars.

I wouldn’t pay additional money for the soap dispenser, I’m not real happy with that. It doesn’t work like the car wash. It only draws soap from the system on low pressure. You put on the soap nozzle, which is basically very limited restriction/pressure and it urinates (the web filter wouldn’t let me use the p word :) ) out soapy water on the car. Might as well have the foam cannon. I’d rather be able to switch on the soap like I do at the coin op car wash and have a high pressure soapy spray, but my machine won’t do that. Not sure if any will. Having said that, I am getting good results with the low pressure “foaming” and a clear rinse at high pressure.

Good luck searching for a replacement.

Last edited:
check out this attachment they got with the foam cannon: https://youtu.be/3YXhhDwOxYs?t=275

I went with the B&S electric - I'm sure it'll be good for me. I don't plan on using a foam cannon, when I wash cars/bikes I've been using a bucket with a wash rag & brushes. There's a car wash nearby that costs $1.00 for 2 minutes so I usually just do them there.

Last edited:
A few weeks ago brickseek was showing Walmart with big discounts on pressure washes. I don't know if it's still available, but maybe worth a look.

A few weeks ago brickseek was showing Walmart with big discounts on pressure washes. I don't know if it's still available, but maybe worth a look.

these things are a rabbit hole too - before I knew it I thought I needed a $399 gas with a honda engine. I don't need all that though, & my neighbor has let me borrow his a time or two, but these electrics are really pretty decent.

Guess who found their new pressure washer running in the garage with the garden hose disconnected yesterday?

I used mine yesterday for the first time . I washed a van, 2 motorcycles (light pressure), and the driveway. I put it in the garage while I had some lunch or something & I went back out & "what's that noise". I thought it was an air compressor at first. I might've even heard it earlier, it was pretty quiet.

Here's some shots of what my little 1600 PSI Greenworks pressure washer can do. AND, I did this left handed(can't lift over a pound with my right just yet)!
32756857287_ed34cfbc08_k.jpg
[/url]Untitled by Phil Perrin, on Flickr[/IMG]
40777859293_9be4a46988_k.jpg
And done!
33822721578_4db94f8be2_k.jpg

Back