Egg Muffins

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
Pretty sure I’ve posted these here before a long time ago.

I recommend using silicone muffin cups. You can fit 24 on a baking sheet. I only did a dozen.
These can be frozen and reheated for a quick breakfast

You’ll need 1 egg for each cup. Then whatever cooked protein you want and or veggies. Grated cheese. Seasonings.

For this batch I used cooked turkey bacon, shredded thee cheese blend, chives salt pepper.

Whip eggs with seasoning. Fill each cup half full. Add your fillings and cheese. Top with more eggs. Garnish with more cheese and any other filling you have left.

Bake in 425f oven for 25 minutes.

Some of my favorites from the past have been buffalo chicken, Dungeness crab and shrimp.

88DA004F-A891-4B24-9BB9-BC0B7B189BE1.jpeg900F475C-6382-4FAF-9820-3ECB49B316FD.jpegF142D4DE-78A7-40FD-BAC3-4AEDFEDB202D.jpegAD61935E-1438-4707-9ED5-2B535F676B00.jpegAA3CA034-B628-47F6-9015-08BA447C6137.jpeg3F4D23F9-12E2-46F0-9B41-BC39CA08EF7B.jpeg

Case, again, I am IN! Might be having some guests later during the holidays, this will hit the menu as “Fat boy Furry’s omelette cups”
Flat out stealing those!

Case, again, I am IN! Might be having some guests later during the holidays, this will hit the menu as “Fat boy Furry’s omelette cups”
Flat out stealing those!
Tim these are perfect for gatherings. If you don’t have any yet get some silicone muffin cups. The ones we have were a 24 pack. You can fit 24 on a baking sheet.
For planning most can eat 3-4 of these, even those that only eat 1-2 eggs for breakfast.

That’s it? Just a whipped egg turns in to that delicious looking muffin?
These are definitely getting made!
thanks!

That’s it? Just a whipped egg turns in to that delicious looking muffin?
These are definitely getting made!
thanks!
Yep that's it. We make these in large batches usually and freeze. They are great for serving large groups too. I made this batch to take to work for breakfast. They only take 30 seconds in the micro to heat up. 1 minute to 1 1/2 minutes from frozen.

Case, My silicon cups just arrived from Amazon, will be making those tomorrow. Just to clarify do you fill the cup almost to the top?
Thanks
Rich

Case, My silicon cups just arrived from Amazon, will be making those tomorrow. Just to clarify do you fill the cup almost to the top?
Thanks
Rich
Yes. First fill halfway. Add whatever you’re putting in there. Then top off with more egg. Then add garnish. Should be
We’re going to make another batch this weekend but instead of bacon we are going to add Denver omelette fixings for some and cut up morning star veggie sausage patties in the rest.

Annalee made pineapple muffins last night. She als uses the muffin tin but instead used the silicone muffin cups. She put the muffin tin in our needs to go to the thrift store box!

When I make a similar recipe i can only fill about half way. Hmm
We have always filled them up. Never had an issue. Been making these for over 30 years now. Way before Starbucks came out with their egg bites and way less expensive too!

You are right about making dozens and quick snack or microwave. We can go through large amounts unheard of unexpectedly. We used to use eggbeaters for the ease but that also helps if cholesterol is an issue. Not sure why ours always puffed up

Just checked with GF. She says we can fill them up almost all the way. They usually will drop a bit later. My memory is not so good huh.

Last edited:
Wait a sec,
Cheese, sausage, spice, favorite veggie bite, all rolled up in an easy to eat bite - easy to store and heat up egg muffin popper. No wonder they are so popular.

Going to order the silicone cups this morning. Probably a stupid question, but those are full size muffin cups correct? Not the smaller bite sized ones...I end to have to return a lot of things when I assume and don't ask the simplest of questions.....
Thanks,
Tim

Going to order the silicone cups this morning. Probably a stupid question, but those are full size muffin cups correct? Not the smaller bite sized ones...I end to have to return a lot of things when I assume and don't ask the simplest of questions.....
Thanks,
Tim
Yes these are full size cups. We have the mini ones too, but they are so small that you'd not even be able to get half an egg into them!

These are a game changer for baking all kinds of muffin, cakes, etc. No grease, Pam, paper baking cups needed.

Wait a sec,
Cheese, sausage, spice, favorite veggie bite, all rolled up in an easy to eat bite - easy to store and heat up egg muffin popper. No wonder they are so popular.
Yep! I went and bought another 2 dozen eggs. Demver omlette fillings for half veggie breakfast sausage (have to keep the wife happy) for the other half.

Back