EBay ugh!

@Mike Willis Just doing a quick look around, I see more than a few different LED retrofit kits for your receiver. If I was in your position, I'd be VERY tempted to go that route.
I've sent it in for bulbs at least 3 different times and always got light "bulbs" (incandesent?) but never LEDs. The lights last about a year before they start burning out. I might give the LEDs a try if I can find a good audio repair shop in Arizona. I sure love the looks of it when it's on and I haven't heard my Klipsch speakers through the Marantz yet....

Back in the 90s the company I worked for had hundreds of brand new radio vacuum tubes just laying around in storage areas. They were obsolete and no longer used in any of our equipment.
My boss told me to chuck them, so I took them and for giggles I put some on EBay, man I hit the motherload. I made thousands of $$$ selling them all over the planet. Barb and I went to Hawaii four years in a row all paid for from the sale of the vacuum tubes.
When we moved to AZ I stopped selling on EBay but I still use PayPal for buying things and that paid off, I got stiffed on a purchase which turned out to be a scam, reported it to PayPal and they refunded my money. So, I still use them for purchases only.
Try that now and you'd owe so much $$$$ it would be cheaper to throw them all in the trash :(

Back in the 90s the company I worked for had hundreds of brand new radio vacuum tubes just laying around in storage areas. They were obsolete and no longer used in any of our equipment.
My boss told me to chuck them, so I took them and for giggles I put some on EBay, man I hit the motherload. I made thousands of $$$ selling them all over the planet. Barb and I went to Hawaii four years in a row all paid for from the sale of the vacuum tubes.
When we moved to AZ I stopped selling on EBay but I still use PayPal for buying things and that paid off, I got stiffed on a purchase which turned out to be a scam, reported it to PayPal and they refunded my money. So, I still use them for purchases only.
The question is, do you still have any tubes? NOS tubes from the 50's & up are like gold if they are the right brand & size.

I've sent it in for bulbs at least 3 different times and always got light "bulbs" (incandesent?) but never LEDs. The lights last about a year before they start burning out. I might give the LEDs a try if I can find a good audio repair shop in Arizona. I sure love the looks of it when it's on and I haven't heard my Klipsch speakers through the Marantz yet....
There really is something to a nicely lit Marantz. I've got the gear and tools here, if it was mine, I'd just crack it open and go to it. There has to be somebody, at least in Phoenix, that would do this.

The real question is....... does it go to eleven? :D

So I bought something 20 years ago for say $200 and now I don't need it anymore. So post it up on FleaBay for $100 and it sells. According to the twisted ideas at the IRS, I now owe sales tax AGAIN and income tax because I MADE $100?!

"Not every eBay sale is subject to income tax, but most are. If you use the site to get rid of household articles you've used in the past, you may qualify for "occasional garage or yard sale" treatment. According to the IRS, if your online auction sales are the Internet equivalent of an occasional garage or yard sale, you generally do not have to report income from those sales.

"Assuming that you originally bought the used items for more money than you are selling them for, you don't have to report the income received from the eBay sale. For example, if you sell a bicycle that you paid $500 for two years ago for $350 on eBay, you usually don't have to notify the IRS—and you can't claim a loss on it."

Nope, sold them all and literally sent them all over the world. Most were RCA and some Western Electric and a few odd ball brands I can't remember, and all were in their original boxes

But now the onus is on you to have kept a receipt for something that long ago you bought and threw out because it meant nothing. Now we are being made to "prove" everything. Or maybe you bought something at a used sale 10 years ago. There is no receipt there is no proof. It's all completely rigged against the average "joe". It's why I totally avoid EBay as much as I can. Choosing to deal face to face.

There really is something to a nicely lit Marantz. I've got the gear and tools here, if it was mine, I'd just crack it open and go to it. There has to be somebody, at least in Phoenix, that would do this.

The real question is....... does it go to eleven?
Not yet...:giggle:

But now the onus is on you to have kept a receipt for something that long ago you...
OK, I was going to say a lot, but it gets into IRS and audit rates and quickly I start violating my own posting rules and I'll have to delete my own post! :)

This just isn't a subject that gets me wound up. But then again, I am a fastidious recordkeeper and I can easily pull up when and what I paid for almost anything. I keep receipts and owners manuals for significant purchases and even small purchases where warranties are involved.

What this situation has caused me to do is to have separate personal and business PayPal accounts so there's no intermingling of transactions.

OK, I was going to say a lot, but it gets into IRS and audit rates and quickly I start violating my own posting rules and I'll have to delete my own post! :)

This just isn't a subject that gets me wound up. But then again, I am a fastidious recordkeeper and I can easily pull up when and what I paid for almost anything. I keep receipts and owners manuals for significant purchases and even small purchases where warranties are involved.

What this situation has caused me to do is to have separate personal and business PayPal accounts so there's no intermingling of transactions.
Yeah, I'm just not built that way. It's just plain sad a guy can't make a little "beer money" without the tax man breathing down their neck. And really a little "beer money" is all. I just want to be able to buy my kids and grandkids a couple things or help out or surprise my wife with a little something. But, a guy can barely do that anymore. Anyway it's all I'm gonna say on it at this point. We're cut from different cloths and different cultures.

Back