Easy way to clean fireboxes?

Just one more tool I think I need for rehabbing grills now. I swear.

Haha, I think I've said that statement a couple of times now.

- - - Updated - - -

I have been very lucky w the past couple rehabs. I soak the firebox interior, grates, etc. with a strong degreaser. After an hour or two, I fire up the Honda engine on the Ryobi 3000 psi pressure washer, attach the awesome turbo nozzle, and blast away until 90% of the crud is gone. Rinse and repeat if necessary. Any remaining few spots quickly come off with a touch of a coarse sanding sponge or the old cup brush.

And when not cleaning fireboxes and assorted parts (wheels, drip trays, durawood or wood slats, Weber badges, even lids), the p-washer cleans autos, windows, siding, concrete slabs, stone, screens, wood fencing, gutters etc. There are a myriad of "nozzles." IDK how I've lived without a p-washer all these years. It's probably the smarter investment for the handyman who also rehabs grills. IMHO.

Yup, a pressure washer is a great investment and all around tool for the house.

Use protection ...Solvents and carb cleaners or degreasers should help but very harsh on the environment and absolutely you.

Yeah...I can tell you about some nasty burns I stupidly got on my legs:mad::eek: from using the Sam's oven and grill cleaner. Excellent stuff, but you do need to be careful!

Back