Early graduation present to myself - 18.5"

PGoodell

Finally, I received my tuition reimbursement from work for my last semester of school and decided it was time, after spending several weeks on the weber virtual bullet site, to get the 18.5" Weber Smokey Mountain. I ordered it on a Wednesday evening from Amazon and it arrived on Saturday morning. Assembly was easy, except that the probe grommet took a while to get seated correctly. My first smoke was the BBQ chicken in the beginner recipe section. It turned out great! I had never broken down a whole chicken before and the video on doing so was very easy to follow. I'm looking forward to trying my hand at ribs and pulled pork this summer. My wife has already given me the go ahead on the turkey for Thanksgiving just based off of this first smoke.

efmj6b.jpg

2wlrbl4.jpg

6purr7.jpg

Welcome to the forum P. Looks like you did a good job on that chicken. You're gonna love the WSM and it looks like your wife is supporting you so even better. Congrats!

(quote)My first smoke was the BBQ chicken in the beginner recipe section.
A man can live off of those few in the beginners section.

that looks crazy good. where is the beg recipe section? I prolly just need to fart around looking more.

chris

You my friend are a natural....cngrats and welcome. One of my favorites is smoked turkey so I am sure you will have a great thanksgiving!!!!

your really gonna like your 18.5 and most likely be thinking of what to cook on it every weekend, nice pics of your cook, just a tip, if not using bottom cooking grate remove it unless you like cleaning them.

Back