E-330 replaced with a S-330

Mike Leiter

TVWBB Pro
As some know I had a new unused yet grill stolen mid year and have been looking for a good deal to replace it. Been in TN for the last 6 weeks helping daughters friend flip a house and found a new Weber. Scored this new in open box Weber Genesis S-330 for half price. Cant wait to get it back home to NC and start cooking again. I knew if I waited long enough I would score another deal like on the E330 prior..

Good score. The 330 is the one that first got my intrest in a Weber gasser. My neighbor has one and I was impressed.

Nice Grill lucky to find it at 1/2 half and that it was still available. You would think it would go flying off self at that price

It was clearly marked across top of box as customer return yet nothing was missing from box. My best guess is they didn't know it was a NG version or couldn't hook it up. Either way it was lucky for me to get at $470 out the door.

That is a nice price I have a 07/08model and paid more than that.
For a gasser it is a great grill I have the S 310 and It is very user friendly unit even temp easy clean up

That is a nice price I have a 07/08model and paid more than that.
For a gasser it is a great grill I have the S 310 and It is very user friendly unit even temp easy clean up

Sad thing is I never even got to use the E330 before it got stolen. Brand new and unused yet and even had a upgraded cover on it. Love the S330 and have cooked quite a few things on it lately with the latest being 2 whole chickens on the rotisserie. Great grill . I definitely have been breaking it in. :)

I too have a S-330 Mike and can't imagine cooking on any other gasser. The S-330 is an excellent piece of equipment manufactured right here in the good old USA. If you can, buy yourself 2 or 3 panels of Grill Grates (they make them to fit the S-330) which 3 will cover a little over half of the grill. Cook a steak on the Grill Grates and you won't go out for a steak dinner again. Good luck and good grilling.

Bill

Last edited:
Sad thing is I never even got to use the E330 before it got stolen. Brand new and unused yet and even had a upgraded cover on it. Love the S330 and have cooked quite a few things on it lately with the latest being 2 whole chickens on the rotisserie. Great grill . I definitely have been breaking it in. :)

good to see you are enjoying it I wish i had the side burner it would come in handy at times, so what have you done to keep this one from getting FEET? Buy a Pit Bull?

Look at their design and look at the design of a "so-called" Tru Infrared grates. Same think only yours are aluminum and Charbroil makes theirs out of SS.

When cooking a steak using Grill Grates the juices from the steak drip down to the bottom of the rails and vaporize, sending that delicious smoky goodness back up to be absorbed by the steak. When using Tru Infrared the very high heat vaporizes the juices vary fast, leaving little to be absorbed by the steak. Grill Grates have won many steak cooking competitions with many pro cooks using them. However, in the end it's what works best for the individual doing the cooking.
Good luck and good grilling.

Bill

I have been having wonderful results with the reverse sear method. Whether on the grill or a stove top cast iron flat griddle results are nothing short of amazing. Another thing too is you'll never see a chef sear a steak on an aluminum medium. It will always be cast iron or stainless steel. Anyway that type of thing is just not for me.

Mike, congrats on the new S330! Looks like your patience paid off, you deserve some good luck after having your other grill ripped off. Next purchase: chain, padlock, etc. :)

I'm not a fan of stainless steel. But I do like the S-330. Too bad it isn't available in a different style, without the stainless. Is there another model that is, for all intents and purposes, a non-stainless S-330?

Back