Dual Spinnin' Spares

I've been waiting for this day since you first posted the thread you were considering buying them. Ribs look great (surprise surprise) seems like it was a worthy purchase? Your pictures are amazing. Nicely done!

Just found this post today. Great! Another cool gadget I have to buy and absolutely don't need! It's a lot like the ribolator. Awesome post as always, Jim.

Great cook and pics, Jim. Thanks for sharing all the details.

I'm surprised you got them off the roti in one piece. They look so tender.

resurrected from the dead :) I'd say...
Just found this post today. Great! Another cool gadget I have to buy and absolutely don't need! It's a lot like the ribolator. Awesome post as always, Jim.
John, this unit is NOT like the Rib-O-Lator...
depending on how you skewer your meat on the spit, both sides on the ribs will be exposed to the open pit below...
on the Rib-O-Lator, the meat is in the trays with one side constantly facing away from the open pit below.
Of course, if you're smoking indirect using the waterpan under both units (the ROL or this contraption), then yes, both are similar.

This past Sunday, I threaded 18 chicken wings (6 each on three spits) and the wings were totally exposed to the heat and fire.
Placing wings in the trays of the Rib-O-Lator does not obtain the same results, in my opinion.

Dec072014wings.jpg

Last edited:
Dan, it's been so long since I ordered these things...
I think I have the 19" silver set with a 3/8ths spit rod...
the 25" silver set is for GAS grills (I believe)...

I think your BEST BET is to contact Frank and let him know on what grill you'll be using yours and he'll tell you EXACTLY what you need.

Frank is really cool, and VERY knowledgeable.
He'll fix you up with everything you want and will need.

click here → http://www.rotisseriemaster.com/contact.html to contact Frank.

Good Luck!

Jim,
What is it you have under your WSM? Do you use it to keep drippings off of your patio or as a heat protectant? I've been looking for something to help keep our new patio clean under my WSM's.

Jim,
What is it you have under your WSM? Do you use it to keep drippings off of your patio or as a heat protectant? I've been looking for something to help keep our new patio clean under my WSM's.
Kevin, it's a stainless scrap piece I picked up at work... I've used it from DAY ONE and never thought about not using it again.
Really to catch any drippings close to the WSM.

Noticed your cook temp was high. Is that normal for your rib cooks? Or does the rotisserie require that?
Steve, using the WSM without a waterpan and having the meat drip into the hot coal beneath are going to create a fire, that and having the lid off for photo opportunities... No, it is not a normal temp for smoking ribs the normal way, but rotisserie ribs are not normal to me.

Jim, you out did yourself they look fantastic.
Thanks Barb, but this post is over 3 years old.

Hi All I just ordered the Cajun Bandit Rotisserie from my 22" WSM.. Going to try 2 racks of ribs first,if they come out good might order the add on kit to do more stuff.
Dan

Back