Dry Aged T-Bone

Phil Perrin

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Our local grocery store had dry aged T-bones on sale for $12.99 a pound instead of the regular $19.99 a pound!!
Yes, please!!
One pound and a half steak, liberally seasoned with salt and pepper only
C8FB9A6B-C635-4D01-93AC-75A7C0F97BC2.jpeg
Over some KBB on the kettle, 4 minutes per side and indirect for 4 minutes. Then a 5 minute rest. 8F367B05-E5D3-46F9-9871-8C77758EFE89.jpegC521A53C-D8F3-4F48-9BC4-C7F4AA3DC8EA.jpeg
Cooked to a perfect medium rare and with some grilled broccollini
My dogs are upset that they didn’t get any, but I will let them gnaw the bone!

Phil, that's my kind of steak! You made the caveman in all of us very proud! :) I think I'll have to search out a t-bone or porterhouse for my next steak night! :)

R

Nothing like a dry aged steak you can really taste the difference the aging makes in the flavour of the beef , unfortunately it is hard to find a store that ages beef to any length nowadays or at least 21 days.

Nothing like a dry aged steak you can really taste the difference the aging makes in the flavour of the beef , unfortunately it is hard to find a store that ages beef to any length nowadays or at least 21 days.
This one is a local chain, but ours is a flagship store that's only been open about a year and a half.
They age them for 2 weeks, then give them 2 weeks to sell. These were near the end of the second week

Back