Double rack of lamb

Brett-EDH

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Two lamb racks with SP and rosemary dust.

Dry rubbed for 2 hours and then onto JD coals. Seared, then moved to indirect.

Pull temp will be 129°, then rested for 20 minutes, wrapped.

Along with Brussels and Chimney Rock 2013 Cab Sauv, Napa Valley.

1702175964101.jpeg

1702175985472.jpeg

1702176002414.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a couple of racks in the freezer and I think I’m due some nice lamb I should just do one if I do two there will be too many left! But the presentation of a “garde D’honor” has always been one I think is elegant. I remember watching an old “Frugal Gourmet” with Lamb, he made the show almost a (beautifully delivered) sermon on Lamb. My dad (the late Archbishop of the Anglican Catholic Church) was very impressed with the episode but, that show has always made me make sure to garnish my serving platter when serving Lamb. “Don’t send your lamb to the table naked, dress it a bit.” was Jeff Smith‘s charge. I think it was one of his best shows.

Brett - Looks gorgeous. After the sear, how long were they cooked indirect, and what was the temperature in the cooker?
(When I was a teen, the Sunday meal every week was fresh grass-fed lamb. Oohhh how I miss that.)

Brett - Looks gorgeous. After the sear, how long were they cooked indirect, and what was the temperature in the cooker?
(When I was a teen, the Sunday meal every week was fresh grass-fed lamb. Oohhh how I miss that.)
Thanks, Bob.

Indirect time was around 20 minutes per this graph.

1703459410627.png

I didn’t run the temp probe but I was wide open on the WSK, so estimating around 400°F. I didn’t do a heavy load of JDXL in the charcoal baskets as I knew this was a simple cook and a fast cook.

Hope this helps.

Back