Double Kettle Easter Dinner

I’ve done that double smoking with a ham before pretty much the same technique, works beautifully!
Michael, tell me about the broccoli?

Michael that meal looks FANTASTIC! I'm slightly disappointed the WSM wasn't involved though (haha). :)
Keith,
I am with you on that, I am at a crossroads with my WSM 14 right now and have promised myself I am going to make sense of it this summer. I think it is too small for most the cooks I am doing right now and everytime I think to use it, I end up using the kettle with the Aura Kettle Some Cooking System. Easter was a perfect example, I really thought about doing the ham and broccoli on the WSM, but the tray I had for the ham would not fit and I thought about having to pick up the top rack to get the broccoli on the bottom and I decided the second kettle was the better option. My goal for Easter was to not be crazy with prepping the food as I can on some holidays... And I was able to pull that off pretty well, and the kettle helped achieve that goal just the littlest bit. I have been looking at used WSM 18s, but don't even know if that is the solution either. Right now I know I really love outdoor cooking and the two kettles are my go to cookers.

Tim,
I can not take any credit for that dish, that is one I stole for Tim Campbell here! It is worth making, I promise!

Thanks for the link Michael!
I see one very small error in the original from Tim, a Bechamel is a “Mother” sauce which is white the minute you add something aside from the roux/milk, nutmeg, it becomes it’s own animal. Cheese=Mornay. None of this really matters but, I’m a virgo and it just means that people are not using the proper terms for sauces that are important. Know the basics, learn some history of what we cook, it’s good for you.
Now, get off my lawn!
Just one cranky old geezer spewing vitriol.
the recipe really looks like a serious winner! Thanks!

Back