Does lid holder scratch the lid ?

Hector

TVWBB Member
Hello everyone,

Does the lid holder found on the Performers, Master Touch, and 26" Kettle; scratch the lid ?

Thanks!

The only thing that damaged one of my lids was 75mph flat line wind and a walnut branch! Glad I registered my grill but, they sent me the lf foreign a straight 22 not the OTP, I'm still not sure what happened there but, I'm not really complaining.
I want to grill something for dinner.......

I have the 26" and I noticed too some signs that look like scratch.
But when I pass my fingers over those signs I don't feel any .

Depends on the color. My black 26, ranch performer. Have no scratches on the lids from the lid holder. However, I have a hunter green performer and old hunter green master touch and both of those have light scratches (white colored) where the lid makes contact with the holder. Must be the paint since the green performer rarely gets used and the 26 is my daily cooker.

I bought old blue used in '09 and nary a scratch, even with a Weber tool holder attached to the bail.

OfqoMJxHv0JwITI_8mgr5lYiY-ehXjJXWEMZBeTYjliLeMwn7EYvA5F_2n9eqEAZhdB4PONXa-gf-S9D7qKB0xX6KcLQotPIr7Slzh87nzlKrauoc4DrIpGhqU0wabXcLK198tQ2PPF8Mj2LEPFGVIx8h5mXkB50IMtLIRsDUpGAupv5Jo_sbE8To8NH-_MfdhKjrWHrcZ6hdK7C8qnrcUObFBvz7uzZKSA5rziG91f6p7DACOtkWTmnQW1ltr-XNR6Z-w-HzZ1IEdfa2R5qKhnkBBO_j1vC5gqDMAjkyHAIPlE6guVZnsq1rHlOLOe590EsMCRdoyR4rbGIlb93sPz1wV7KFYvBwHyhJyPP_5oWszSroEPE-jwOVcGF8kqEwbd609v2qdeJQRpvSWCFAi8Z3ydV9mezqMObg_lAuFd7Zvy_7kb5v0ciVIWgFypR8YvJj_LTE81nbVBGQloP_anneU2CCfV2GFfF3wDXbrpQLHSWms-NV_U_DrJMntO65pYaSHzViNlufzBwZcUW5E56z3983l-6-0MPOSqyfOGpaDaWRE2k7CyMAzcdoMmlFDCmZ4rtXJbjmD4MxwPY3lgqnY8I3YmcPe1nRjhPUWDvHjkJ=w1346-h1009-no

I know that the lid colors do fade or oxidize so I assume that might show rubbing or scraping marks. I just haven't seen any.

Thanks for the replies on my concern guys! I don't own any of the grills with the holder but one day I hope to own a 26" kettle.

Hello everyone,

Does the lid holder found on the Performers, Master Touch, and 26" Kettle; scratch the lid ?

Thanks!

Yes. I was bummed after finding some scratches on my performer last summer. I was sliding it over and into the holder, now I pick it up and drop it in. No new scratches that I can tell. It is a bit of a challenge doing that with my 26" but it's used infrequently (-no side table [yet!] ) when we have everyone over.

Back