Do you know why does the smoke follows you?

IvanRuiz

Hi, I remember there was a poster from Weber with the logic and kind of cientific explanation wbout why does the smoke in a Weber grill follows you , that basically is because you make a vacum so the smoke goes that direction, do you happen to have it?

Thanks
I. Ruiz

LOL... I don't know the answer to that but I do recall sending the first-timer rookie boy scouts to the canteen to buy a 'smoke shifter' as part of the hazing we used to do.

If there is a scientific answer to this one, I want to know.

Could it be because smoke is composed of electrically charged colloidal particles of carbon in the air. They would be attracted to appropriately charged surfaces. This is the way electrostatic precipitators work. Just a thought.

Could it be because smoke is composed of electrically charged colloidal particles of carbon in the air. They would be attracted to appropriately charged surfaces. This is the way electrostatic precipitators work. Just a thought.
Get yourself a copy of the book entitled HOMEMADE LIGHTENING by Seynmour Simon. Flying Saucers serious business, dude.

LOL... I don't know the answer to that but I do recall sending the first-timer rookie boy scouts to the canteen to buy a 'smoke shifter' as part of the hazing we used to do.

If there is a scientific answer to this one, I want to know.
We always sent them to get a "latrine ladle"

A camp fire sucks cold ground level air towards itself, then the hot air (and smoke) rises straight up (assuming no wind).

When you sit around a camp fire, you interrupt the flow of cold air going towards the fire. When your back acts like a wind block like that, you create a low pressure area in front of you between you and the fire. So the smoke flows into the low pressure area -- right into your face.

Last edited:
t0sG1c6.jpg

Back